Over The Hill "pills"

Decorating By amecakes Updated 2 May 2007 , 11:48am by EverlastingSweets

amecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amecakes Posted 1 May 2007 , 9:13pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all,

We're having a big birthday day in the family (4 people, 1, 2, 50 & 60). I'm making smash cakes and a big birthday cake for the two kids, but if we have cake again later in the evening it might be too much.

For that reason, I'm thinking of using the over the hill pan from wilton to make a jello mold?? I also thought it would be funny if I could make "oldie pills" to put throughout the jello...any thoughts on how I could do this?

Thanks for any help or advice!!

ps the kids cake will have a backyardigans theme...thinking multi-colored stripes on the sides...can't decide if I should make fondant figures or a fbct...

4 replies
kbrown99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbrown99 Posted 1 May 2007 , 9:21pm
post #2 of 5

Would Jelly Beans work in jello? I've seen them used in gag gifts as "oldie pills" and everything else under the sun. Of course, not sure how that would taste either. Could you pipe something on top of the jello with whipped cream or something instead?

NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 2 May 2007 , 2:55am
post #3 of 5

I was thinking something along the lines of the jelly beans too. But I was thinking of those "Mike and Ikes" candies. And because they are fruity, maybe they would be ok in jello?? Jen

amecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amecakes Posted 2 May 2007 , 3:01am
post #4 of 5

Great ideas guys! Thx!

EverlastingSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EverlastingSweets Posted 2 May 2007 , 11:48am
post #5 of 5

I don't know if you have a Spencers Gifts in your area, they are usually only found in the malls. but they have a bottle that looks like a bottle of aspirin and it has pills in it (that are jellybeans) that say Over the Hill on them, like a gag gift. They're not regular colored jellybeans either, I think they are black.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%