Skoal Can Cake

Decorating By Misdawn Updated 1 Apr 2014 , 7:37pm by kreations2012

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 6 May 2005 , 9:25pm
post #1 of 9

I'm REALLY new to this cakedecorating thing, but my best friend asked me to make him a cake for his birthday. He wants a cake that looks like a big can of Skoal smokeless tobacco. I'm completely dumbfounded. Does anyone have any ideas? I don't need it until the end of June, so I have plenty of time to practice.
Thanks!

8 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 6 May 2005 , 9:32pm
post #2 of 9

I'm pretty sure there is one in the gallery section of this website. I'm sorry I don't recall who made it or have any more info!

sgirvan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgirvan Posted 6 May 2005 , 10:44pm
post #3 of 9

I would day to make a large BCT of the top of a can of his favorite skoal and place it on top of a round cake. I can't think of anything else, but the shape would be similar to that of the oreo cookie cake that someone made on here.
Good luck thumbs_up.gif

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 6 May 2005 , 10:58pm
post #4 of 9

YES MRS. MISSEY IS RIGHT. I RECALL SEEING IT IN THE GALLERY BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE IT WAS EITHER. SORRY. GOOD LUCK!

gotcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gotcake Posted 7 May 2005 , 3:08am
post #5 of 9

Try this link for the cookie... I figured out a way around the search string problem.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/11903/OreoSmall.jpg
Found it!
talmas made it:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=profile&mode=viewprofile&u=1903

She also made a very nice hamburger...she is very talented with the 3D cakes thumbs_up.gif

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 7 May 2005 , 12:59pm
post #6 of 9

I know that somewhere on the internet there is a cake that looks exactly like a skoal can....don't like chewing tobacco so I did not bookmark and can't remember where I saw it.....but it was a big round cake, and it was a green skoal can cake......maybe someone else has seen it and can help...but I'm pretty sure it was not on cakecentral.

Irishdream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Irishdream Posted 9 Mar 2013 , 4:03pm
post #7 of 9

AI'm making one for my sons birthday. What I did for the base color was ivy green fondant. For the lettering I took a skoal can and photocopied it enlarging it to 75% or can be even larger depending on the size of ur cake. I then traced the letters onto parchment paper to get a template and used the templates to cut out the words and logo from sugar sheets. Haven't finished it yet will let you know how it turns out.

kreations2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kreations2012 Posted 1 Apr 2014 , 7:37pm
post #8 of 9

A[quote name="Irishdream" url="/t/2576/skoal-can-cake#post_7368373"]I'm making one for my sons birthday. What I did for the base color was ivy green fondant. For the lettering I took a skoal can and photocopied it enlarging it to 75% or can be even larger depending on the size of ur cake. I then traced the letters onto parchment paper to get a template and used the templates to cut out the words and logo from sugar sheets. Haven't finished it yet will let you know how it turns out.[/quote

kreations2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kreations2012 Posted 1 Apr 2014 , 7:37pm
post #9 of 9

Ahow did it turn out ?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%