Am I The Only One?

Decorating By music77 Updated 1 May 2007 , 10:54am by mcjohnson7

music77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
music77 Posted 1 May 2007 , 12:12am
post #1 of 4

I feel as if I learn something new with every cake I make. Even the cakes that don't turn out perfectly have something that I like on them. Normally I only see what's wrong with something, but with cakes I am always looking on the bright side! I made a very boring birthday cake for my coworkers but on it I finally made a rose that I wasn't ashamed to call my own...actually 2 of the four turned out pretty.

3 replies
crumbscakeartistry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbscakeartistry Posted 1 May 2007 , 12:28am
post #2 of 4

I learn the most from cakes that do not come out too great. I feel like by the end of the cake I know what not oo do and have a much better game plan for the next time.

mydelights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mydelights Posted 1 May 2007 , 12:46am
post #3 of 4

I agreed that we learn everytime we do a new project. My supposedly chocolate rolled fondant cake didn't turn out the way I wanted it. I learnt to pump chocolate clay using shell tips and gave the cake a better look. icon_razz.gif Next time will know what to do.

mcjohnson7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcjohnson7 Posted 1 May 2007 , 10:54am
post #4 of 4

Yes, I think we all learn something new from each cake. I just finished a Bridal Shower cake that was a beach theme and learned to do the palm trees at least 3 days in advance!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%