Flavor Oils

Decorating By rflores Updated 18 May 2006 , 1:04am by DeniseMarlaine

rflores Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rflores Posted 17 May 2006 , 4:33am
post #1 of 10

Can anyone tell me where you get loran flavor oils from and how do you use them? Do you use it with box cake mixes or with recipes from scratch. I'm new to decorating and I see that alot of people talk about them and I want to try them. Thank You

9 replies
chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 17 May 2006 , 4:36am
post #2 of 10

You can go to most chain pharmacy stores like walgreens or right aide and get them there. or you can go to hobby lobby or michaels they should have them too.
Just remember one thing with the oils.... a little goes a LONG way...
You can use them in anything except maybe meringue because they are oil and will deflate meringue.

rflores Posted 17 May 2006 , 4:40am
post #3 of 10

ok so (dumb question) I can get it at walgreens by the cake mix right?

tastycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastycakes Posted 17 May 2006 , 4:40am
post #4 of 10

I'm in CT and I can only find them in the cake decorators supply store - Michael's doesn't carry and I've never seen them in a drugstore! You are pretty lucky out there in CO!

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 17 May 2006 , 4:51am
post #5 of 10

you can find the oils over by the pharmacy part of the store at least you can around here. Don't know about other parts of the country.

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 17 May 2006 , 12:36pm
post #6 of 10

My cake decorating supply store carries them. Hobby Lobby has them by the candy making supplies.

I've found that the strength varies considerably. I LOVE almond...but the almond flavor can get harsh really quickly. Be very careful with that one. On the other hand, I think the champagne flavor (which I also love) is so weak it takes an entire bottle to get the flavor I want. At $1.39 per bottle, it's not a fortune, but I was surprised! I found the same thing with the Bavarian Cream. I just use a couple of drops of butter flavor to enhance icings. Never tried more than that in a recipe, so I don't know if it can overwhelm or not. Coconut seems to be a medium strength flavor. As you try each new one, just start slowly. And then don't be surprised if you end up having to use more than you expected to.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 17 May 2006 , 6:41pm
post #7 of 10

www.lorannoils.com

You can find all their flavors on their website. I want to say there was a place on their site that would tell you where they are sold near you, but I can't find it at the moment.

rflores Posted 17 May 2006 , 9:36pm
post #8 of 10

Thank you, everyone is so helpful on this site thumbs_up.gif

Kimanalynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimanalynn Posted 17 May 2006 , 9:37pm
post #9 of 10

Their site is under construction; probably why you can't find it on there right now.

DeniseMarlaine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseMarlaine Posted 18 May 2006 , 1:04am
post #10 of 10

I've seen Lorann oils at my local pharmacy. You can also buy oils online at http://www.countrykitchensa.com/shops/cake_decorating.aspx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%