Neon Green/yellow

Decorating By darandon Updated 30 Apr 2007 , 5:17pm by darandon

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 3:01pm
post #1 of 8

What colors can I mix to get Neon Green/Yellow. I need to make a softball cake and they want the neon color. I need something close.
Thanks!

dara

7 replies
darandon Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 3:23pm
post #2 of 8

Anyone??

fraggle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fraggle Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 3:42pm
post #3 of 8

I don't know what to mix but they do sell neon food colors. HTH

darandon Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 3:51pm
post #4 of 8

I was hoping they had a neon color set. I've seen it in fondant, but not in the gel color.

Kazoot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kazoot Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 4:00pm
post #5 of 8

Check out the americolors here on cc. They have some called Electric Yellow, etc. Look at this link and check the color chart. HTH

http://shop.cakecentral.com/americolor-soft-paste-p-963.html?cPath=55_97

dooleybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dooleybug Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 4:15pm
post #6 of 8

My local grocery store has Wilton gel colors in a four-pack box that are neon colors. They are in the dropper bottles similar to the food coloring that we use for coloring Easter eggs. These bottles are larger though and they are gel. I don't remember if I found it next to the food coloring bottles or in the very small section of cake supplies (tubes of frosting, cupcake liners, hard sugar decorations, etc.) I used them in my regular buttercream to match a neon striped wired edged ribbon that I used as a handle for an Easter basket cake I made. The colors truly came out neon, very vivid and bright.

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 4:54pm
post #7 of 8

Americolor has a neon green. It is currently sold out on CC. Country Kitchens also has it.

darandon Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 5:17pm
post #8 of 8

I'll check at the local store. My daughter told me today that she wants cookies for thursday and I don't want to pay for any rush shipping. Thanks for everyones help. This is great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%