Fondant Bow Tutorial-- 2 Loop

Decorating By dandelion56602 Updated 30 Jun 2007 , 11:19pm by Sparklepop

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 4:01am
post #1 of 12

Ok, I know a tutorial exists for fondant bows, but I can't find it. I did a search and after the first page of search results I get "no posts/topics exist" for the search. I'm starting to get mad, but don't know what else to do.

I'm not looking for the loopy bow that sits on top of a cake, I can make that one. I'm looking for the 2 loop bow--like one you would tie w/ your fingers. I remember coming across it in Feb. when I did a search but can't find it now.

Anyone know a good link?

11 replies
rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 4:07am
post #2 of 12
dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 4:30am
post #3 of 12

I will try that in the morning. Thanks soooo much!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 6:53am
post #4 of 12
kelly75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelly75 Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 7:21am
post #5 of 12

To find tutorials that aren't listed on the home page, click on the 'Articles' tab at the top of each page (it's between 'forums' and 'galleries').

HTH

Kelly

RICKASH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RICKASH Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 5:01am
post #6 of 12

check out this video. It shows you how to make a bow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07ss0Pq3OdU&mode=related&search=

Michele25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michele25 Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 12:54pm
post #7 of 12

Thank you, RICKASH, for that video! He made it look super easy. Just a question about the video. I know the artist was working quickly, but he did not seem to really take a lot of time joining the pieces together. Is that because you're suppose to make this bow directly on the cake and not move it? It seemed to me that even after it had dried, if he picked it up off the table it would break into the individual segments.

Also, it looked like he put cotton or batting in between the loops. Do you take that out? He didn't say anything about removing it. Also, I'm wondering if that would make "fuzzies" in your icing. Hope those questions make sense.....thanks!!

RICKASH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RICKASH Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 1:15pm
post #8 of 12

Michele
To be honest with you I have never attempted a bow. He did make it look easy though. I'm guessing that you would use an edible glue, water or royal icing to hold the pieces together. I would just use plastic wrap for the loops as in the tutorial. Make sure you post your bow when its done.
Good luck.

Sparklepop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklepop Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 1:28pm
post #9 of 12

Wow RICKASH thanks for sharing that video it was great, amazing how easy he makes it look.
Michele he used wadding to keep the bow from falling in on itself, I don't know what you call it but we use it in sewing or quilting. I've never had any fuzzy bits left over it comes out pretty well.

Michele25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michele25 Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 2:00pm
post #10 of 12

Sparklepop, I know this sounds like a silly question, but do you take the batting (I think that's what it's called for quilting here) out of the bow after it dries?

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 2:02pm
post #11 of 12

[code:1:e6054f5f9a]Also, I'm wondering if that would make "fuzzies" in your icing. Hope those questions make sense.....thanks!!

Also, I'm wondering if that would make "fuzzies" in your icing. Hope those questions make sense.....thanks!!

Boonenati has a great trick...she uses saran wrap (plastic wrap) inside stuff to dry and that is how I do all my bows..using franmjc's bow tutorial in the articles here on CC...fabulous btw!

HTH[/code:1:e6054f5f9a]

Sparklepop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklepop Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 11:19pm
post #12 of 12

Yeah Michele you do take wadding out (not really a good look if you don't)
I've also tried the plastic wrap and that works well too. It depends of what your using it for. Oh and don't over pack that might put the bow out of shape.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%