Sniff Sniff

Lounge By redhare

redhare Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redhare Posted 15 May 2006 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 1

So as ya'll know I made my mom a cake for Mother's Day and while I was making the fondant (the first step the part that I don't normally knead) my mixer DIED! icon_cry.gif I'm talking not just over heated. DH took it apart and I had melted parts of the motor together! I'm so sad!!! SO for the rest of the night I had to use my hand mixer to make my buttercream icing and stuff! This is SOOOOOO going to suck! I have a couple of cakes that I know I have to make (and several that I WANT to make) and w/o a stand mixer this is going to suck!DH did try and ck the balance on our Foley's card (to see if it's max'd) but everything was under processing so it was hard to tell what we had available! We really can't and shouldn't be putting anything on credit, but I can't be w/o a mixer omg I'm gonna die! But IF huge IF we have enough like on our Foley's card I might get my dream mixer of a Kitchen Aid! WAHOO!, but I don't think he'll go for a pretty color like I want, he'll probably get me a grey one (which is better than white) I would prefer a green, blue or red. But beggers can't be choosers! I already told him which attachments I would love and I don't want the tilt design I want the bowl lift one. Man am I picky. But we don't have much counter space so if this big ol' mixer is going to take up counter space it would be best if it was bowl lift design that way it can be under the cabinet part of the bar and be ok. make sense? sorry I'm rambling and there really isn't a point to this post except I'm SOOOO sad I killed my mixer (it did last me 5 yrs which isn't so bad - I don't think).

I know I'm getting all excited over a Kitchen Aid that I KNOW that we can't afford, but I regress.
icon_rolleyes.gif

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%