New Wilton Luster Dust!!!

Decorating By Daniellemhv Updated 19 May 2007 , 2:36am by TexasSugar

Daniellemhv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daniellemhv Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 11:12pm
post #1 of 11

Today I was at Michaels taking my Fondant and Gumpaste Class. (last day, my cake was AWEFUL haha. There was a MMF disaster and the cake slid on the way there, the fondant was see through so you could see the chocolate cake underneath and a buldge of white filling in the middle!) Anyways.......... The manager came in to sign my certificate and said "did you see the new dust, they have new shimmer dust" the instructor said "REALLY!" and then the manager said "well not really, they are just sold individually now"

So i'm like thinking..... "whatever.....who cares....." haha So after class I thought I'd check em out and they are Pearl Dust!! 3 grams for $3.99, Not bad for being able to go buy them right away instead of ordering them online (They don't sell luster dust in my area) I thought I must be mistaken and that its not really luster/pearl dust so I read the back and it said "dust on your fondant flowers for a shimmered effect or mix with clear vanilla or vodka and paint on"

So I thought this must be luster dust. I am so excited!! Has anyone bought any yet? is it the same? I guess I just think its too good to be true. The colors I saw were:

Pinks
Golds
Silvers
Bronzes

10 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 11:21pm
post #2 of 11

Yes thiese are not like their shimmer dusts they have. One of my students had some the other night and it mixed just fine with vanilla and painted on very nicely.

crumbscakeartistry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbscakeartistry Posted 14 May 2007 , 10:51pm
post #3 of 11

Did they come out with anything else new? My old instructor told us about the new dusts and said there are some other new things coming out around the same time. Haven't taken the trip to Michael's lately....

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 15 May 2007 , 2:38am
post #4 of 11

I bought all of the wilton pearl dust last week and used the pink on the bow in my pictures. (granted i need a little practice on getting it on more even) but I thought it still looked really good.

TexasSugar Posted 15 May 2007 , 4:03am
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by crumbscakeartistry

Did they come out with anything else new?

The small rolling pin now has two rings on it. One an 1/8th of an inch the other a 1/16th. They also have depth rings for the large rolling pin as well.

There are some new candy molds and a few candy items, plus a few things here and there, one of them are some little bag ties to put on your decorating bags to keep the icing from coming out of the tops. We tried those out the other night in class, and found that they worked, but we had to wrap it twice to get it to keep the icing in.

And cake pans...

Daniellemhv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daniellemhv Posted 17 May 2007 , 4:39am
post #6 of 11

Also they have new sparkly gel. I just saw those the other day. I think its like a piping gel to write on cakes and cookies but its colored and its very glittery.

shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 17 May 2007 , 4:49am
post #7 of 11

my instructor was telling me she has to a demo june 9 for the new yearbook. said it should be on shelves late may early june. She said they also had a couple new pans comming out, including a 3-d castle kit for making a whole castle, turets and all. also I already bought a 10 piece set of plastic candy molds, varitey pack includes letter/numbers and various things was 9.99, but I used coupon. Can't wait until payday when I can buy the pearl dust. I tried mixing my shimmer dust with vodka, a mess. Did not know it wasn't the same thing. can't wait for the new yearbook.

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 19 May 2007 , 12:55am
post #8 of 11

OH my gosh how did I miss this post? I was just there! And crap - I just purchased "perfect height strips" b/c I didn't know they had those new rings on the rollers!!!! AUGH! And they have a new fondant/candy mold for lettering - and they had those little paper cups like people are using for the cupcake bouquets - actually I don't know if the paper ones will work, but hey - I was so excited about all the new products.

And then I was upset - b/c I have no money!! I'm trying to save up for ICES.... dag gone that is one expensive trip! It better be worth it!

shifty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shifty Posted 19 May 2007 , 1:01am
post #9 of 11

Oh I'm going to have to go to Michaels some time this weekend and check out the new stuff. I am excited for the new castle pan they have coming out. I know it will make things so much easier for lots of CC'ers.
Danielle, I'm sorry you had a MMF disater and the cake slid on the way there!

TexasSugar Posted 19 May 2007 , 2:33am
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sltoklahoma

my instructor was telling me she has to a demo june 9 for the new yearbook. said it should be on shelves late may early june.

The demo at Michaels on the 9th is a yearbook preview. We have a copy of the cover of the yearbook we are suppose to print out and display to show people it is coming out.

According to the info I have gotten from my Wilton supervisor the yearbook should be in the store mid to late June. In an email today it said "by the first of July." So we shall see. icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Posted 19 May 2007 , 2:36am
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sltoklahoma

my instructor was telling me she has to a demo june 9 for the new yearbook. said it should be on shelves late may early june.

The new yearbook is said to be at Michaels mid to late June. In an email I got from my Wilton Supervisor it is suppose to 'be there by July 1st.'

The demo on the 9th is just to preview the yearbook. We have a copy of the front cover to display to let people know it is coming out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%