Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Decorating By momof3jotynjake Updated 6 May 2005 , 2:22am by MrsMissey

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 5 May 2005 , 9:27pm
post #1 of 8

OK, I HAVE A CAKE THAT IM TRYING TO MAKE!!... DUE TODAY!!
ARRR
ITS THE TOPPING TO THE GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE!!

IT SAYS COMBINE 1C. SUGAR, 1C. EVAPORATED MILK 1/2 C. BUTTER AND THEN 3 EGG YOLKS!!
WHEN I ADD THE EGGS! IT TURNS INTO EGG!!!!!!!!! ALL CLUMP LIKE SCRMBLED EGGS!
PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IM DOING WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 replies
lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 5 May 2005 , 9:36pm
post #2 of 8

when you add the eggs you are supposed to add them slowly...try drizzling them in the the mixture.....and mix while you add it.....dont give it a chance to cook in your mixutre.

I hope that helpsyou may have to remove from heat if that doesnt work.

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 5 May 2005 , 10:07pm
post #3 of 8

try tempering (sp) add a small amount of the hot liquid to your yolks before you add it to the whole batch. i think you add half of your mixture to the yolks slowly wisking the whole time. Then you pour all that back to the other half of the mixture (half with out eggs) That should mix wonderfully. hope this helps

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 5 May 2005 , 11:24pm
post #4 of 8

My German Choc calls for the same ingredients. I add everything and whisk it a lot while it is cooking over a medium heat and haven't had any problems. I think the whisking part is really important!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 5 May 2005 , 11:52pm
post #5 of 8

You need to add all of these ingredients BEFORE you start cooking them. That is the way I make that icing - OR

If you make the cooked part then add the eggs, it is important to temper them - mix up the eggs a little in a small bowl then add a few tablespoons of the hot mixture to the eggs and mix it up again - then add that to the hot mixture in the pan.)

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 6 May 2005 , 12:23am
post #6 of 8

MrsMissey, you said exactly what I was about to say. lol That's what I use all the time and you have to keep stirring it with a whisk until it thickens. I make it in the microwave sometimes too and take it out and whisk it real good every couple minutes. That's only when I have other things to do at the same time. The results are the same. It's yummy!

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 6 May 2005 , 1:18am
post #7 of 8

lol!
i was sooo freaked out!!!! I made the darn thing and it was scrambled eggs!! lol!!!!!!!!!!

then i just mixed it in the pan.. all ingrediants.. Cold.. then turned on the stove on low......

ha ha!!
thanks for your help!!
The picture of the cake is posted under my photos!!! icon_smile.gif!! thanks

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 6 May 2005 , 2:22am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolAnn

MrsMissey, you said exactly what I was about to say. lol That's what I use all the time and you have to keep stirring it with a whisk until it thickens. I make it in the microwave sometimes too and take it out and whisk it real good every couple minutes. That's only when I have other things to do at the same time. The results are the same. It's yummy!

Great timing huh?

I have never heard of doing it in the micro...I'll have to try that sometime! Certainly seems like a time saver to me! Thanks for that info!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%