What's Your Mother's Day Wish List

Lounge By partsgirl25 Updated 15 May 2006 , 12:50pm by bigboots

partsgirl25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
partsgirl25 Posted 12 May 2006 , 10:35pm
post #1 of 14

I was just wondering what you mom's out there are really wanting for mother's day? Cake or non cake related. Here's my list:
1. My family to spend ALL Day with me & not ask me to do anything!!!
2. dishwasher
3. more cake pans
4. full body massage( by dh of course)
5. new car
Remember, it's a WISH list

13 replies
gilpnh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilpnh Posted 13 May 2006 , 12:21am
post #2 of 14

Time alone on the toilet.

calla74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calla74 Posted 13 May 2006 , 12:37am
post #3 of 14

gilpnh that is so true! Ever feel like the ability to take a shower without fighting, crying or having to use the potty can feel like a mini vaction?

My wishes:
1. Time with my family without having to work.
2. Have my husband watch our three kids so I could finally take Wilton Classes (that would require a small miracle though). Something tells me even if I could, the house would be destroyed when I got home though. icon_surprised.gif
3. To spend mothers day with my hubby and kids instead of with my inlaws.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 13 May 2006 , 1:19am
post #4 of 14

Spending the day without the in-laws sounds like a dream, especially this year since my birthday is Sunday too. Last time it was on Mother's Day my husband's cousin sat there and made nasty comments about women who stay home with the kids and my husband wouldn't take me home icon_mad.gif .\\
The bathroom alone sounds like heaven.
My list

1. To get to stay in bed and have the husband get up first.
2. Cake stuff
3. a meal I don't have to cook or do the dishes for
4. no whining from the kids
5. brunch at my favorite resturant, the husband won't take the kids there so I'm out of luck
6. a day where no one is doing yard work so I can spend it with my husband

bodaisy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bodaisy Posted 13 May 2006 , 1:47am
post #5 of 14

Time to sit and read A REALLY Good book without feeling guilty and not be interrupted!!!!

1. children that don't talk back
2. time to have lunch with my close friends
3. some sleep (without feeling guilty)
4. a weekend day that goes by just as slow as a workday!!!!!

and the list goes on, and on and on.....

Hope everyone has a VERY Happy Mother's Day!!
b

partsgirl25 Posted 13 May 2006 , 1:48am
post #6 of 14

gilpnh... That is the best laugh I've had all week. I thought I was the only one with the secret shame of no alone time. I always tell my youngest..privacy please. Do yall's kids beat the door down & try to peek under it when you actually are fast enough to get in without them??

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 13 May 2006 , 3:00am
post #7 of 14

partsgirl- I don't even bother with the door anymore icon_cry.gif

I have the best mother's day wish and DH promised it would come true, I just have to wait a little while on it.

One day and night in a effiency cabin in the mountains. Little one to go to Grammy's. DH gets up early and goes trout fishing all day. I sleep until I wake up on my own! And I am taking all the fun cake projects I want to try but don't have the time. DH ask is this really what you want?? ARE YOU KIDDING?? To be left alone with a icing bag and its not 3:00 in the morning--Heck yeah!! He is a teacher so we are putting mother's day and father's day together and going in June!!! thumbs_up.gif

gilpnh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilpnh Posted 13 May 2006 , 3:05am
post #8 of 14

Yeah, the bathroom is a community project at our house, my DH was doing his thing, I was doing my hair, before you know it, all 3 kids and the dog were in there icon_confused.gif

I would love not to have to do my or his family but must keep the peace. I asked to stay at home mothers day a few years ago and when my DH told his mom, she cried and gave him a huge guilt trip so he went alone on Saturday, won't do that again. Anyhow, she has cancer now and not sure how much more time is left, does not seem like a big deal now.

Thinking more globally rather than in my privacy closet:

1: Ditto, at home, no work, house cleaned and I'm caking.

yup, thats about it.

calla74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calla74 Posted 13 May 2006 , 3:51am
post #9 of 14

NEWTODECORATING - your trip sounds like a dream. Have fun when you go! I'm also glad to see I'm not the only one who has been up decorating a cake at 3 in the morning. I just did a teacher appreciation cake and was up until 4:00 AM! It is amazing how fast the time flies. My youngest is still working on her 1 yr molars -keep in mind she is 16 months old and STILL working on them icon_cry.gif I was stopping every 15 minutes trying to calm her back to sleep.

gilpn - Three kids, husband, and dog sharing the bathroom had me rolling - I have been there so many times. Sorry to hear about your MIL.

partsgirl25 - fast enough to get there and close the door? If I didn't know any better I'd think my kids were secret agents. You think you actually made it to the bathroom alone and one of them pops out of the closet or from behind the shower curtain!

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 13 May 2006 , 12:55pm
post #10 of 14

I would love to spend the day without stress, but I have no idea how this would be possible. I would love to not have a cake looming (don't get me wrong, I LOVE doing them), not have anyone or anything to take care of, and not worry about in laws, my marriage, contractors working on the house, etc. Like I said, probably not possible, but I am thankful to be a mother to two wonderful kids.

BellaRosa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BellaRosa Posted 13 May 2006 , 3:39pm
post #11 of 14

I am celebrating MD in June also since hubby is in the sandbox. My oldest 2 kids stay at my parents during the summer since we live out of state now, but they wont be able to keep my youngest until next year. So I am dropping off all 3 the day after school lets out & spending quality me time in the mountains for 2 days. I would love to be able to sleep in tomorrow, but I actually have to be at work at 7:30 so :p.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY LADIES!!!!

KittisKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittisKakes Posted 14 May 2006 , 3:50pm
post #12 of 14

LOL!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif You guys are funny!!! I didn't know there was such a thing as time alone on the toilet!!!! A day alone without the in-laws would be nice!!!! I wish!!!!

I also wish I had time to do all those creative cakes I've been wanting to make, and the money too!!!

I wish we had a weekend without rain, so DH can fix the hole in the roof, so I can get inspected to be a legal home baker!!!

I would LOVE a full body massage!!!!!!

I wish there was a miracle diet pill!!!

I wish I had someone to do all the chores, so I could just raise my kids!!!

I wish I just had more time for everything!!!!!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL OF YOU!"

partsgirl25 Posted 15 May 2006 , 1:18am
post #13 of 14

i just had to update....kids fought all day & I didn't get anything on my list. But I did get a very touching list of the top ten things my kids like about me. It made me cry icon_cry.gif and gave me the big head..I might actually be as great as I think I am icon_cool.gif !!! happy mother's day!!!

bigboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigboots Posted 15 May 2006 , 12:50pm
post #14 of 14

Well My wish for mother's day actually came
true. icon_eek.gif .I got to sleep in,Had breakfast made
for me.Got to take a shower without all the kids
needing the bathroom,The kids and Hubby cleaned all day and
my ten year old made my mother's day cake.So it was a great
day.Hope you all had a nice mother's day.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%