Pricing Cheesecakes.......help

Decorating By kerri729 Updated 12 May 2006 , 6:42pm by Loucinda

kerri729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerri729 Posted 12 May 2006 , 4:07pm
post #1 of 5

Ok, I can price my cakes, but what about cheesecakes? I have some interest from people on cheesecakes that I have made for work and I am not sure how to price them. The ones I make are 10", and are specialty flavors like Peanut Butter Cup, Turtle, Sour Cream Pumpkin, you get the drift- not just your ordinary New Your style cheese cake (which is my personal fav!). Can someone help me?
TIA

4 replies
fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 12 May 2006 , 4:53pm
post #2 of 5

I make cheescakes all the time. They are the creamy kind using 2 pounds of cream cheese and one pint of sour cream. The sour cream is not the topping. It costs me about $11 for a cake. In Los Angeles I get by charging $30. Everything is higher here even the grass we walk on. You have to charge more than a store does and I believe that you should at least triple your cost or come close to it. But you also have to consider what prices are in your area.

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 12 May 2006 , 5:33pm
post #3 of 5

kerri729: I can't get alot of money for cakes in my area, but people will pay for a good cheesecake. I sell mine for $30 & I've had no complaints about the cost.

kerri729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerri729 Posted 12 May 2006 , 6:39pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you both- that is about what I was thinking of charging- people do seem to be willing to pay more for cheesecakes, so I will go with that! icon_cool.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 12 May 2006 , 6:42pm
post #5 of 5

I sell them for $30 here too. (and I do the different flavors also) folks do not even bat an eye at it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%