Anyone Know How To Make Olive Garden Salad Dressing?

Lounge By butternut Updated 3 May 2007 , 2:18am by Monica0271

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 9:38pm
post #1 of 22

I have fallen in love with Olive Garden's salad dressing and I want soooo badly to figure out how to make it. I looked on Kopycat recipes and found one recipe but I'm not so sure about it. It calls for mayonnaise instead of oil and I just don't know if I taste mayonnaise in Olive Garden's recipe. Does anyone have a recipe that tastes close to that of Olive Garden's? If not does anyone have a really good Italian salad dressing recipe???? Thanks so much!!!!!

21 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 10:14pm
post #3 of 22

most of the time the mayo can't be tasted in a dressing, give the ones listed a shot. Just divide in 1/2 so if it's not what you want then you don't waste a whole batch but only a 1/2 portion.

butternut Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 10:21pm
post #4 of 22

Thank you soooooo much indydebi. I really do appreciate you taking the time to post those links. Thank you also mkolmar. That's a great idea about making half the recipe to test it out. You guys are great!!!!!

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 10:41pm
post #5 of 22

Yum I love that dressing too so thanks from me too icon_smile.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 10:54pm
post #6 of 22

I have 2 bottles from the restaurant in my fridge right now...mmmmm....goes so well with their breadsticks!!!

butternut Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 11:10pm
post #7 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

I have 2 bottles from the restaurant in my fridge right now...mmmmm....goes so well with their breadsticks!!!

icon_eek.gif oh my. Did Olive Garden sell you the dressing??????

wgoat5 Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 11:13pm
post #8 of 22

In our Area they sell it by the bottle. Just call your Olive Garden and see if they have any bottles for sell.

mjjandz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjjandz Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 11:16pm
post #9 of 22

I love the dressing. I was very surprized to see mayo in the recipe.

butternut Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 5:16pm
post #10 of 22

I am sooooo happy. I took wgoat5's advice and called our Olive Garden and they DO sell bottles of their salad dressing. It's $3.95 per bottle and I'm not sure how large the bottle is. I am so excited. I still want to learn how to make it myself but at least this way I can have some of the original to compare my recipes to. On my way out now to pick some up. Thanks so much everyone. Oh yea, I almost forgot and I just have to share this with you guys. Have any of you tried their new Chicken Crostina? It is wonderful and you'll never believe this but if you go to Olive Garden's website, the recipe is on there along with a cooking video of how to make it. It is awesome. They've got quite a few recipes that they are sharing with the public. I was so surprised. Check it out......

wgoat5 Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 5:22pm
post #11 of 22

Oh I love their chicken Vino and Marsala MMMMM Glad you called butternut icon_biggrin.gif

butternut Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 5:30pm
post #12 of 22

Oh yea, they also have the recipe for the Chicken Marsala. Isn't that awesome?????? That one is so good too.......

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 6:59pm
post #13 of 22

I used to work at the olive garden...waitress. Before I worked there, I absolutely loved the breadsticks. It's been about 8 years now and I don't dislike them anymore but I don't love them like I used to. It spoiled them for meicon_sad.gif

My favorite dish to get there is the Chicken Giardino because it's healthier than the rest. I feel like I'm not being quite so bad and it's really delicious!

They've changed the chicken marsala since when I worked there and I don't like it as muchicon_sad.gif

oh, and if you ever get a chance to try their soups, do it. All three are wonderful! If you go for lunch, get the soup, salad, breadsticks deal. It's not that expensive, all you want (free refills of all) and very yummy! icon_biggrin.gif

butternut Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 7:31pm
post #14 of 22

That Chicken Giardino did catch my eye when we were at Olive Garden last week. I just looked in hopes that they had this recipe posted on the site but they don't icon_sad.gif I will have to give it a try when we go back. It's funny how a person's taste changes over the years. I didn't use to like anything Italian, now I can't get enough of it. Guess that explains this weight gain that I can't seem to do anything about icon_cry.gif

wgoat5 Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 10:14pm
post #15 of 22

Is it true that all of their chefs actually go to Italy and train there? I seen that on a commercial. That would be interesting to know

LaSombra Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 10:32pm
post #16 of 22
Quote:

Is it true that all of their chefs actually go to Italy and train there? I seen that on a commercial. That would be interesting to know

lol well maybe the people who come up with the menus. The cooks working in the restaurant are just regular people they hire like any other chain restaurant. There are no chefs actually working in each and every restaurant or anything...might be a few "retired" chefs but it's not like a 4 star restaurant kind of situation.

wgoat5 Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 10:42pm
post #17 of 22

LOL Thank you for clarifying that LaSombra...they act like all their restaurants have chefs that trained in Italy on their commercials lol clears that all up.

LaSombra Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 10:52pm
post #18 of 22
Quote:

LOL Thank you for clarifying that LaSombra...they act like all their restaurants have chefs that trained in Italy on their commercials lol clears that all up.

I know...gotta love ads icon_rolleyes.gif

Suebee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suebee Posted 1 May 2007 , 1:55am
post #19 of 22

Try google "Olive Garden salad dressing" I found Pasta Fagioli on Top Secret Recipes and it's great.

butternut Posted 2 May 2007 , 12:16pm
post #20 of 22

Thanks Suebee. Idid find quite a few recipes doing it that way. I just love that dressing.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 May 2007 , 1:05am
post #21 of 22
Quote:

Remember that there is a difference between a "chef" and a "cook". The commercials say their "chefs" change there.

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 3 May 2007 , 2:18am
post #22 of 22

Yall are making my mouth water icon_cry.gif I have already made plans to goto dinner there on Tuesday. I am craving the salad & the Tuscan Garlic Chicken...........beyond YUM!!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%