Preschool End Of Year Cake

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 28 Apr 2007 , 12:15am by marthajo1

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 4:14pm
post #1 of 12

I need help figuring out what to do for our Preschool party cake...not all of them are going to Kindergardn next year so it's not a graduation from preschool cake. The only thing she specified (for my daughters class) is that it be a half sheet cake....Can you help me with some ideas. I need this by the 7th.

TIA

11 replies
stlalohagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stlalohagal Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 4:26pm
post #2 of 12

What about one of the blackboard (or green) cakes that are so cute? You don't have to designate a teacher or class, just do ABC's, 123's, shapes, etc... Crayons would be cute too! There's a lot of design options with this one.

Good Luck... be sure to post a pic to share!!

- Paula

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 4:27pm
post #3 of 12

Maybe you could do some fondant things to represent things/projects/ themes they did during the year. Did they study planets, the sea, bones and the body, alphabet, etc.

iamme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamme Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 4:28pm
post #4 of 12

first thing that popped in my mind was something relating to playground equipment.

another idea would be to make a bunch of smiley faces on the cake and have names of the students (depending on the class size of course)

marthajo1 Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 4:37pm
post #5 of 12

cute-- I vote for playground equipment instead of my idea!

fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 4:43pm
post #6 of 12

I would let the kids do a cake design contest. Theme would probably be whatever you decide on. Let's say "Moving On". Let them draw, paint etc. Whoever wins the contest will have their design on the cake. I'm thinking FBCT. HTH.

wgoat5 Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 5:37pm
post #7 of 12

Ok I think I have decided what to do....I want to try a crayon inlay border (not the rim of cake) I want to make like a frame inside the cake with crayons framing the saying. Maybe a color effect like a varigated icing like what is in The Whimsical Bakehouse book then the saying Have a Great Summer in the middle. Does this sound stupid ?? And if not would someone want to be kinda like a teacher for me to lean to when I have questions? The cake will be 12 x 15 and it is a 3 inch pan so I will have quite a tall cake and I thought the verigated look would be nice. Anybody care to comment on this idea?

marthajo1 Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 8:43pm
post #8 of 12

The crayons sound cute. I have no idea what that icing idea would look like(im not sure I understand...got a pic?)

StephW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StephW Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 9:03pm
post #9 of 12

I was thinking of an edible image with their class picture on it. However, my son is that age and knowing how his mind works... they would all want the piece of cake with THEIR picture on it. It would be a nightmare to cut it!! hahaha.

wgoat5 Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 9:59pm
post #10 of 12

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_399833.html

This is the picture of the icing effect I wanted to do on the sides and up to the middle border

wgoat5 Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 10:01pm
post #11 of 12

Oh I forgot, that is Confectionary2's picture...and they do a wonderful job! thank you for posting the picture icon_smile.gif

marthajo1 Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 12:15am
post #12 of 12

so cute! How did they do that??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%