Trying To Come Up With A Logo...

Decorating By BCo Updated 10 May 2006 , 5:46pm by BCo

BCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCo Posted 8 May 2006 , 8:34pm
post #1 of 18

Ok- so I'm trying to come up with a logo- so here is my thought...

My initials in my name are B L T - so I tried to incorporate them... Here is the picture -

The "B" is the cake - the "L" is in the border on the cake and the "T" is the cake stand -

Dumb idea? I am fine tuning it - this is just something I threw together to put it down on paper...
LL

17 replies
mcalhoun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcalhoun Posted 8 May 2006 , 8:38pm
post #2 of 18

I think that is too cute! Great idea.

LoriannaN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriannaN Posted 8 May 2006 , 8:42pm
post #3 of 18

I think it's a clever idea icon_smile.gif I would play with the graphics a little bit, and make the T smaller. Maybe even make it a little more cartoony since the B cake was a little hard to interperet at first glance. Cartoons sometimes portray things differently.
But I like the idea- very cute icon_smile.gif

LoriannaN Posted 8 May 2006 , 9:28pm
post #4 of 18

hehe here ya go icon_smile.gif I tried putting a face on it, but it just looked silly. icon_smile.gif
LL

LoriannaN Posted 8 May 2006 , 9:29pm
post #5 of 18

oops-- lemme try that again!
LL

mendhigurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mendhigurl Posted 9 May 2006 , 3:32am
post #6 of 18

I too really like your idea, my first thought though when you mentioned your intials was what if you had the wedding cake with your monogram on top of the cake, or on a plaque on the cake, like you would do a real wedding cake.

AmberCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmberCakes Posted 9 May 2006 , 3:45am
post #7 of 18

I don't mean to sound rude! But, the logo is not doing anything for me. I can't explain it. I'm sorry! I wanted to give you my opinion. Let me open up Paint shop pro and see if I can give you an idea of mine. icon_smile.gif

~Josie

steph95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steph95 Posted 9 May 2006 , 3:55am
post #8 of 18

I like mendhigurl's idea. Do like a "signature" cake that you would do. You could still use the "T" as the base, but then use the monogram at the top of the cake. Or, do 3 tiers, each with a different monogram, or 2 tiers, with the T as the base. And you could still use the L as your border. I think that your general idea was great, just a bit of tweaking. You'll know "it" when you see it... good luck!!

AmberCakes Posted 9 May 2006 , 6:09am
post #9 of 18

Hello again. I came up with a few pics-to give you an idea. There is so many things you can do to it.

Good luck on a logo. It's a task!

~Josie icon_smile.gif
LL

AmberCakes Posted 9 May 2006 , 6:12am
post #10 of 18

Here is another from the same almost-but it gives you an idea.

~Josie icon_smile.gif
LL

AmberCakes Posted 9 May 2006 , 7:06am
post #11 of 18

I know, I was very bored and could not sleep. So, I stayed up doing a different pic below. There is just so many possibilities! But, if you happen to get one, all I ask is to help someone here in return when needed. Kinda the pass it along thing! LOL.

~Josie icon_smile.gif
LL

joenshan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joenshan Posted 9 May 2006 , 11:18am
post #12 of 18

They all look soooo cute. I love the fun and creative lettering.

In the interest of variety, maybe try placing the letters in conventional order with a tiered cake on the 'T' (BLT).

I don't know how to do the graphics, but maybe someone else could try it....

FunnyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FunnyCakes Posted 9 May 2006 , 12:51pm
post #13 of 18

I can see this is quickly becoming a fierce contest.

<she says as she rushes to open Photoshop>

BCo Posted 9 May 2006 , 1:03pm
post #14 of 18

WOW guys- thanks - I really like the one that Loriannan did - it's the softer feel and colors I was going for - I know it wasn't what I wanted ( the one I did) but it gave the idea I was looking for - I've shown it to other people and the problem I'm having is with the "B" - I hand drew one that looked so much better but I don't have the program on my computer to get my idea out - so this is just something I whipped up in word to bounce around to people to help me with some ideas! Thank you soooo much for all of your help - people on here is incredible!!! And of course I would help out someone else - "Pay it forward" when needed - I have in the past and will continue to do so... This is my #1 spot to come to for ideas and help! You all are great! Now- I need to look into this Photoshop program!! LOL I'll let you know after I tweek it some more! I kind of wanted it to be not so obvious that it was initials - but still have them in there - maybe I'll just have to work on the "B" part - just make a square or round tiered cake and then incorporate the B somehow else.

Ok - let me think...lol Thanks again! icon_smile.gif

AmberCakes Posted 9 May 2006 , 7:37pm
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunnyCakes

I can see this is quickly becoming a fierce contest.

<she says as she rushes to open Photoshop>

Hahaha! That is so funny! As you can see, I was bored. I love playing with my graphics. I made my webpage with pictures and graphics. Again, I have too much time on my hands. hehehe!

No problem Bturpin-I was just giving you some ideas. You have to get PSP someday, you can do so much with it-even if you make a webpage. I hope you find the "Right" one. Good luck in anything you do and I'm sure it will look awesome.

~Josie icon_smile.gif

BCo Posted 9 May 2006 , 8:18pm
post #16 of 18

I definitely need to get Photo Shop - I do all of my drawing/sketches by hand and I think there would be endless possibilities if I had it - Hmmm, might have to check into that when I get home....now I have to have it!!lol Thank you again guys- you all are the best - thanks to all who have helped and shared -

Josie- I'm going to check out the webpage of yours!!! icon_smile.gif

B

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 10 May 2006 , 1:26pm
post #17 of 18

I just want to say that this group of people (cake central people) is the greatest bunch ever! People pay for graphic artists to come up with logos, and here everybody is volunteering their ideas for free!

BCo Posted 10 May 2006 , 5:46pm
post #18 of 18

You have no idea how great people are on here- I just want to say a big public THANK YOU to talking_head S for the amazing things you've sent me! And to all of those who have posted ideas for me - they all have been great! All of your kindness will be rewarded some day, some how! Thanks to all of you again...

Brandie icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%