Bride....cancelled!!!!

Business By sugartopped Updated 8 May 2006 , 8:01pm by gma1956

sugartopped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartopped Posted 8 May 2006 , 4:57pm
post #1 of 7

well my indecisive bride called and cancelled her wedding cake order yesterday and picked up her deposit!! thumbsdown.gif Was a little relieved & disappointed!! icon_sad.gif was disappointed that I wasn't going to get to do a wedding cake, but relieved b/c this was her 3rd choice and I knew the last cake wasn't the cake she wanted at all (but she just picked one in her price range)....so she probably wasn't going to be happy w/anything I did!!!

she filled me in a bit about the situation...mainly her fiance is pulling the strings...and she had no control over the situation. she was extremely upset about the whole situation and aplogized!! they are now just going to vegas!! but I wished her luck and I actually think getting married in vegas is exciting!!!

oh well.... but now I won't be stressed about this one anymore!! but I did learn a lesson....only one free consult!! I spent way too much time on this one to...in the end...to make ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! icon_confused.gif

but kinda glad this one is over!!

6 replies
texa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texa Posted 8 May 2006 , 6:52pm
post #2 of 7

That bride ended up costing you a lot of time, and I know it's frustrating, but try to justify it a little by figuring up all that you learned for future dealings from this experience. It's about the only positive aspect I can come up with...sorry...

You're probably luckier than you know that she's no longer a customer, and I'm really feeling sorry for her, too; sounds like she's marrying a control-freak with little regard for her feelings. Hope I'm wrong on that!

Thanks for letting us know the outcome, we all get so involved in the dramas here. icon_biggrin.gif

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 8 May 2006 , 6:56pm
post #3 of 7

I too feel it is good you won't have to deal with her anymore, however it sounds like the fiance is a very controlling person and almost feel sorry for her marrying this guy......my bet is this marriage does not last a year.
icon_surprised.gif

partsgirl25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
partsgirl25 Posted 8 May 2006 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 7

He does sound like a tightwad at the very least. He expected the poor girl to get a wedding cake for $100...come on.

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 8 May 2006 , 7:01pm
post #5 of 7

No way! That is crazy! You should have ended it first. You were trying your best to work with her. Even consulted her for 3 hours. I knew she was going to do something like this. I remember the other threads and also commented on them also. She waisted your nice, precious time! But, Thank God she is finally gone. LOL. You tried your best to help her! See, I hate when I put all my time and patience in something just to have it stomped on. We all live and learn!

Thanks for keeping up with the thread and letting us know!

~Josie icon_smile.gif

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 8 May 2006 , 7:16pm
post #6 of 7

Sorry that you won't get to do a wedding cake, but happy for you that this entire situation has ended... what a waste of your time and your energy...
Poor her, what a way to begin a relationship. I hope she knows what she's into. Better luck next time with a wedding cake, and from now on I'm sure all the bride-to-be you'll meet you'll find them easier to work with than her.
the only thing I could say is: the problem it's not you it's her!!! don't let this get to you! it wasn't worth it!!
I'm sendin sunshine to you!
have a nice day, you deserve it! icon_smile.gif

Lorris

gma1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gma1956 Posted 8 May 2006 , 8:01pm
post #7 of 7

When I collect a deposit for a cake, it is not only for the time I have already spent on the cake with the bride, but also to hold the date. This deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE, because my calender is full all the time. I do other things besides cake too. So if they want me to do their cake they have to pay me to keep the date for them otherwise I could have other things booked for that date.

This has saved me many times. You shouldn't operate a business without this type of deposit. It is not unethical. There are very few bakers that will refund the date deposit.

My advise is the next time you have a consultation and they sign a contract (you do make them sign a contract, right), make sure they are aware what the deposit is for and tell them at that time, it is non-refundable.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%