Help!! Need Ideas For Bridal Shower Cake.

Decorating By confectionaryperfection Updated 10 May 2006 , 2:54am by mendhigurl

confectionaryperfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionaryperfection Posted 7 May 2006 , 11:09pm
post #1 of 10

cake due next week. design left up to me. i am drawing a blank. only 15 people but want something WOW!!! if anyone can help i know the CC ladies and gents can!!

9 replies
Kimanalynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimanalynn Posted 7 May 2006 , 11:19pm
post #2 of 10

Do you have any ideas at all that you would like to incorporate? Do you know what her colors are going to be for her wedding?

lilie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilie Posted 8 May 2006 , 4:32pm
post #3 of 10

You are very talented and have beautiful cakes. I know you'll make a hit! It's spring, maybe something along those lines. Get an idea about the party and colors. Maybe that will help. Good luck!

sugartopped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartopped Posted 8 May 2006 , 5:00pm
post #4 of 10

i'd find out what her colors/theme for the wedding is going to be and go along those lines.

you're cakes are great by the way!! i'm sure you'll do something wonderful!!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 8 May 2006 , 11:18pm
post #5 of 10

If you're looking for a WOW factor then I would suggest tiers. For only 15 you could just do smaller cakes. I would recommend maybe figuring a couple of extra peices though. The two shower cakes I have done the bride wanted to take some extra cake home to the groom and in both cases it was greatly appreciated icon_smile.gif

Like the others said, if you could get some idea on what her wedding colors are or if their is a theme for the shower. Then do some sort of take on that.

HTH and can't wait to see the cake

Leily

confectionaryperfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionaryperfection Posted 9 May 2006 , 4:39am
post #6 of 10

the colors are pink and ivory. i want something wow, no wedding theme, there is an unbrella on the pink invite thou.

candygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candygirl Posted 9 May 2006 , 3:43pm
post #7 of 10

go to the gallery and in the search box, type in Showered with love!

I don't know how to post pics, but this one is ADORABLE.

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 9 May 2006 , 8:23pm
post #8 of 10

I did a couple of smaller cakes in these colors that may give you some ideas. One was a miniature tiered cake, the other was heart shaped.

smashcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smashcakes Posted 9 May 2006 , 8:32pm
post #9 of 10

look in my pics- theres a cake that's pink with white bows/ribbons on it- it's my best seller and everyone looks at it and goes "how did you do that" and it really isn't that hard. would definetely be a lot of cake for 15, but it's hard to do a wow cake on too small a scale. the bows and ribbons are cut out of gumpaste, it's a copy of a collette peters ideas. they're on toothpicks that you just insert into the cake. not really hard, but makes people go 'wow"

mendhigurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mendhigurl Posted 10 May 2006 , 2:54am
post #10 of 10

By looking at your cakes, you seem really comfortable with fondant, so what if you did 8-10" square cake in ivory, and then using the half ball, made an upside down open umbrella. You could cover that in fondant and make a fondant handle, and then "inside" the umbrella you could have little gift packages (petit fours or gifts made from fondant) pouring out. Then all over the ivory have pink swirls. I've made a rough sketch, so that you can tell what I'm talking about.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%