Need Mixer Advice--Brand & Bowl Resizing Bar

Business By sweetchef Updated 7 May 2006 , 10:41pm by The_Parsons_Wife

sweetchef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetchef Posted 7 May 2006 , 10:33pm
post #1 of 2

I'm opening a bakery and have decided I need a 60 or 80 qt mixer and a smaller 30 qt mixer. I'm considering the cheaper (and space saving) option of just buying the larger size and using an attachable bar for the smaller size bowl (so I only need one floor unit). I would usually leave the smaller bowl on, since I use it more. In my experience, these attachable bars are difficult and inconvenient to use. What do you guys think?

I'd also like brand advice. Of course Hobart is the best but most expensive. I've been warned against Univex (because of the belts breaking). Has anyone used Globe Equipment?

1 reply
The_Parsons_Wife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Parsons_Wife Posted 7 May 2006 , 10:41pm
post #2 of 2

We only use Hobart as all others spent too many days broken or in the mail for repair requests...I would go Hobart and buy the biggest size you will need, it is so frustrationg to be in the middle of dough work or such and have a motor quit. We even replaced our counter top models with hobart...KA has great customer service, but you will need to use it for commercial use, I have two KA for home use, but in the commercial kitchen it is Hobart. Blessings, Shawn <><

Quote by @%username% on %date%