Ever Heard Of Sour Cream Icing?

Baking By luv2cake Updated 2 Jan 2013 , 4:25pm by CuteCakes1234

luv2cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cake Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 3:10am
post #1 of 8

I have a customer that wants a chocolate cake with sour cream icing. I have never heard of that icing. I searched a couple of sites looking for a recipe and cannot find such a thing.

I am wondering if she meant cream cheese icing???

Please help me out. Have you heard of sour cream icing? Would it taste good with chocolate cake? Do you have the recipe?

Thanks in advance!

Brandi

7 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cake Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 12:37pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks for all those great links JanH.

I guess I should've been more specific. She wants white sour cream icing...not the chocolate version.

Ever heard of this?
Can I just follow one of the above recipes and either leave out the chocolate or use white chocolate?

What are your thoughts?

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cake Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 12:28pm
post #5 of 8

Wow! Thanks JanH. You realy have a gift for finding those links to help people out.

I really appreciate it!

GrannieJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrannieJ Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 12:34pm
post #6 of 8

My MIL made chocolate cake with sourcream icing!! You just made my mouth water!!! Her icing was really soft when she spread it on the cake, and it turned hard when it set. Almost too hard to cut the cake. We would crack the icing and then cut the cake along the crack lines! Too funny! Thanks for a great memory jog!! icon_cool.gif

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 2:43pm
post #7 of 8

This is making me so hungry!

CuteCakes1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CuteCakes1234 Posted 2 Jan 2013 , 4:25pm
post #8 of 8

AI know this post is old, but does anyone know the shelf life of sour cream b-c? I have my own recipe its delicious! But I always tell the customer to keep in the fridge.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%