How Many Does This Cake Serve?

Decorating By melissablack Updated 4 May 2005 , 6:06pm by cake77

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 3 May 2005 , 3:32pm
post #1 of 9

I know this is a fairly popular style cake, so I was wondering if anyone has made it and knows approx. how many it will serve? The carraige will be 10" and the wheels 6". Both 2-layer, torted & filled. Thanks! Also, how much would you charge for it? I know every area is different, but I am just curious.

Melissa icon_razz.gif
LL

8 replies
Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 3 May 2005 , 3:39pm
post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissablack

I know this is a fairly popular style cake, so I was wondering if anyone has made it and knows approx. how many it will serve? The carraige will be 10" and the wheels 6". Both 2-layer, torted & filled. Thanks! Also, how much would you charge for it? I know every area is different, but I am just curious.

Melissa icon_razz.gif

depending how you cut them you should be able to get 28 out of the 10" and 12 each out of the 6" ones I would say there is about 8 pieces missing from the 10" one I would say you should be able to get 44 slices out of that cake...

Here is a link to a cutting chart and a link to serving chart http://www.ladycakes.com/Charts/main%20page/charts.htm

msmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmeg Posted 3 May 2005 , 6:38pm
post #3 of 9

Is that a 1 layer cake like a sheet cake or a 2 layer cake? looks like a single layer to me which means 1/2 the servings

melissablack Posted 4 May 2005 , 3:19pm
post #4 of 9

I'm starting to get worried now icon_redface.gif . The lady was wanting a cake to serve 50!! I might make the carriage part a 12" instead... hopefully that will give me enough servings icon_sad.gif

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 4 May 2005 , 3:34pm
post #5 of 9

What site did you find that on? I would like to take a look...

melissablack Posted 4 May 2005 , 3:42pm
post #6 of 9

I don't remember what site I found that on. I just gathered a bunch of girl shower pics together to show a lady who was coming to order a cake, and that has been awhile ago so I don't remember where I got this one. I guess I should have paid more attention so I could give credit when I posted the pic icon_redface.gif I will try to find the site later this afternoon while the kids are napping!! I've probably got it saved in my favorites.

msmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmeg Posted 4 May 2005 , 4:14pm
post #7 of 9

6 inch wheels will be too big on a 10 inch cake they would have no space and still be wider than the carriage.

For 50 servings you could put it on a sheet cake or make it 2 layers if the wheels are 6 inch I would minimum use a 12 inch round for the carriage

How about a 14 inch round 1 layer and 6 inch rounds for the wheels That should give you enough for 50 even with the cut out.

melissablack Posted 4 May 2005 , 4:44pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks for pointing that out, msmeg. I didn't even think about that! I am so new at this, agh!! I will probably have to go out and buy a bigger cake pan. I haven't made a wedding cake yet, so I don't have any big pans.

Melissa icon_redface.gif

cake77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake77 Posted 4 May 2005 , 6:06pm
post #9 of 9

I don't know the sight off hand, but I do believe that this cake or one similar to it is on the same sight that has the cup cake baby booties on it. I am thinking of making this for my nieces baby shower later this month.

Wilma

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%