Info Need On Tip Sizes!!!

Baking By cookiema Updated 27 Apr 2007 , 1:44pm by cookiema

cookiema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiema Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 11:57am
post #1 of 6

hello everybody,

I d like to learn something. I see there are different types of tips on the online shopes

does the size matter, what I feel is taht I can not buy all the tips to decorate "cookie" am I right

what do you usually use??

5 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 12:30pm
post #2 of 6

Depends on what kind of cookie decorating you are doing, For me i use mostly round tips, anything smaller then a 4. I use alot of stencils and embossers for my cookies.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 1:28pm
post #3 of 6

For outlining I use a #2, for flooding I use a #3 or #4, for writing I use the #2 too. It depends on what effect you are looking for. I like the round tips.. they are easy to use.. If you are looking to make flowers you can get some drop flower tips.. a small petal tip.. a small leaf tip.. But I would start with some round tips and see what you want as you go. I have six #3 tips.. five #4 tips.. three #2 tips.. and opne #1 tip.. I am just starting out in the whole cake/cookie thing and I buy a few here and there. If I see something I'd like to try.. I'll buy the tip.

MahalKita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MahalKita Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 8:30pm
post #4 of 6

Most used for us are #2 & #3. #4 occasionally. I have the kit with something like 75 tips in it. I would like to think that one day I would have used them all. We shall see...

princess.gif

iluvcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvcakes5 Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 7:13pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you so much for posting this questions because I was about to ask the same question...

cookiema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiema Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 1:44pm
post #6 of 6

thank your for the responses.. icon_smile.gif I have just placed an order..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%