Charge For Cupcakes???

Decorating By Florimbio Updated 5 May 2006 , 5:12pm by darandon

Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 4 May 2006 , 3:25pm
post #1 of 10

I got a call for 6 dozen cupcakes..2 doz. choc, 2 doz vanillia, 2 doz strawberry all with BC Roses on top...

I have never done cupcakes and have no idea what to charge, any thoughts....

Thanks icon_smile.gif

9 replies
qtkaylassweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtkaylassweets Posted 4 May 2006 , 3:29pm
post #2 of 10

Good question, I have an order for cupcakes comming up too! What do you charge???

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 4 May 2006 , 3:31pm
post #3 of 10

there was another discussion about this very thing. Most people it sounded like were charging $1-$3 per cupcake depending on what was being put on it. I don't know how to find the messages that were being discussed. Maybe someone else could help you find the thread of messages.

Florimbio Posted 4 May 2006 , 3:38pm
post #4 of 10

I thought I remembered that thread, but I did a search before i posted and could not find it

Junecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Junecakes Posted 4 May 2006 , 3:44pm
post #5 of 10
joanmary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joanmary Posted 4 May 2006 , 3:45pm
post #6 of 10

Hopefully, this will get you where you want to be: icon_smile.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-24073.html

Florimbio Posted 4 May 2006 , 10:36pm
post #7 of 10

Thanks!

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 5 May 2006 , 11:25am
post #8 of 10

Are you making a cupcake cake? Or just cupcakes with no artwork? I am doing a cupcake cake next month. (a seahorse will be the design.) I will be using two cake mixes worth of cupcakes. I figure I can get about 50 cupcakes all together. I am charging $25, the same as I would for an 11x15 cake. If it were regular cupcakes that I can just frost real quick, I'd only be charging about $16 for the 50. Go ahead everybody, say it's too cheap! I don't usually get orders for cupcakes or cupcake cakes anyhow.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 5 May 2006 , 4:54pm
post #9 of 10

that's waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy too cheap............they take way more time to ice than a cake and to decorate for that matter.......I wouldn't let individual cupcakes go for any less than a buck a piece.........heck you're lucky to get them in the grocery store any cheaper than that......and I guarantee they won't be made custom to your order, flavor, icing type, and color and decoration!!!! I'm going to Mass. to buy some cupcakes!!!!!!!! woooohoooo...LOL

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 5 May 2006 , 5:12pm
post #10 of 10

Wow $16 for 50. I needed you when I was looking for cupcakes for my Girl Scout troop to learn to decorate with.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%