What To Do?

Lounge By pinknlee Updated 24 Apr 2007 , 4:29pm by pinknlee

pinknlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinknlee Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 11:41pm
post #1 of 5

My in-laws were suppose to watch my son on Saturday over night I have had this planned for over a month. it was the first time we asked themm to watch him and they were are excited. Two days before my li-laws told us they were going out of town. We asked if they remembered they said yes but the daughter who lives with them can babysit. We were shocked. My husband was so upset he was crying, (he never cries). My husbad told his Mom he was angry with her on Friday she said she understood. That is the end of it.

I am not like that. I would have made a bigger fuss, but that is me. I am having a really hard time not holding it against them. Any suggestions? They are not confrontational people and my husband will be really upset if I bring it up again.

4 replies
LanaC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LanaC Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 11:58pm
post #2 of 5

IMO, it's your husband's folks, so you need to follow your husband's lead. I'd still be tweaked, but it's not going to do you any good in the long run. I'd also be very hesitant before depending on them again.

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 1:31am
post #3 of 5

This is a shame. I am so sorry that your in-laws let you & your husband and your son. How old is your son? I can not wait to have grand children so that I can babysit with them. Your husband must be so disapointed in them and is ashamed of their lack of caring and responsibility. Mother's Day is just around the corner and you could put a note on a card saying that time slips away and before you know it he will be all grown up, so spending quality sleepovers would be a great memory someday.

Sugarbunz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbunz Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 1:36am
post #4 of 5

I would be perturbed. They are your husbands parents, but it affects you as well. I think you should just 'live and learn' and not depend on them again. When they ask you why they never get to babysit then you might find a way to diplomatically tell them why.

pinknlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinknlee Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 4:29pm
post #5 of 5

My DS is five. He has his first T-ball game tonight and my Dh said not to tell his Mom, becasue she would just say she would try to make it and not show up. He told me he is fine being dissapointed in his parents he is used to it but he does not want our Son getting uesd to it. I want to respect him. He doesn't show his emtions a lot so for him to say that just makes me ache for him. The only thing I can think to tell him is that is okay to have these feelings and he needs to process them. I am pretty sure his parents have let it go. It is so upsetting to see someone who is such a family person be so upset.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%