No Fail Sugar Cookies Question!! Help Please!

Baking By ShabbyChic_Confections Updated 4 May 2006 , 12:00pm by kalico

ShabbyChic_Confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 4 May 2006 , 7:01am
post #1 of 4

Hi there!! This is the deal, I have 2 wedding cakes orders for mother's day weekend, and also I have to make about 120 cookies for mother's day and I was wondering if I could make the dough a few days in advance, cut the cookies and put them in the freezer, and take them out of the freezer a few minutes before baking, is this possible? or it will affect the taste of the cookies? If someone knows a better way to simplify the process please let me know, remember that I have to decorate them and let them dry so they will be ready to handle for mother's day. icon_eek.gif I just don't want to be doing all at the last minute.
Please help me !!!

3 replies
riagirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
riagirl Posted 4 May 2006 , 7:03am
post #2 of 4

there was a thread about this awhile back///lemme find it and post it for you

riagirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kalico Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kalico Posted 4 May 2006 , 12:00pm
post #4 of 4

my brother is a culinary chef and he told me that when they have large cookie orders they bake a whole bunch in advance, pack them really well with no air and freeze them. the day they are going to use them, bring the cookies back to room temperature and pop them back in the oven at 325' for 5 minutes to crisp them back up. if you're going to decorate - just cool and decorate. he's says they'll be as fresh as the day you baked them! i've tried it and its true!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%