tazneen Posted 3 May 2006 , 8:23pm
post #1 of 14

Hello,
Will someone send me a monkey bread recipe? Please? icon_rolleyes.gif

13 replies
MsTonyasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsTonyasCakes Posted 3 May 2006 , 8:28pm
post #2 of 14

I have one at home (I'm at work now), I'll bring it with me tomorrow and check to see if you've gotten one already. icon_wink.gif

aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 3 May 2006 , 8:30pm
post #3 of 14

I use biscuits in a tube, cut each of them into 4s and dip them in melted butter, then a cinnamon and sugar mixture.. place them in your pan and bake at 350.. I have used this one a lot.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 3 May 2006 , 8:41pm
post #4 of 14

mine same as aliciaL_77's with this one variation: use a bundt or tube pan.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 3 May 2006 , 11:00pm
post #5 of 14

mine is the same as aliciaL_77, however I do like doug and always bake it in a bundt pan... it just taste better =) you know like a grilled cheese sandwhich has to be cut on a diagnal or it doesn't taste the same? icon_lol.gif

Leily

dlp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dlp Posted 4 May 2006 , 2:17am
post #6 of 14

the recipe i use calls for one cup of brown sugar and 1 stick of margarine and two tbls water... put this in a pot and bring to a boil...remove from heat

then you do the biscuits ( i use two cans) cut into fourths and rolled in cinnamon sugar....and place in pan

when you've done one can... pour half the mixture over the biscuits...then repeat ( i use a bundt pan as well)

i think i bake it at 350 for about 25 minutes....( i'm doing this from memory icon_surprised.gif ) icon_biggrin.gif this is sooooooooooooo yummy! Donna usaribbon.gifusaribbon.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 4 May 2006 , 2:28am
post #7 of 14

I put pecans in the bottom of the pan before the biscuts go in and it's really yummy. Kinda like sticky buns.

lisascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisascakes Posted 4 May 2006 , 2:43am
post #8 of 14

I use frozen bread rolls thawed out and cuts in forths, then rolled in butter, sugar & cinnamon & placed in a bundt pan. Let it rise and then bake off.

This sounds wonderful - I haven't fixed this in a long time

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 4 May 2006 , 12:52pm
post #9 of 14

ok, using all the various suggestions and variatiions discussed here already....

....could this be:

Ultimate Monkey Bread ???

2 tubes biscuits
one cup of brown sugar
2 sticks of margarine
two tbs. water
1 cup chopped pecans
Cinnamon (about 3 tbs.)
Sugar (about a cup)

Put 1 stick margarine, brown sugar, water and ¾ cup pecans and bring to boil and remove from heat

Prepare bundt pan.
Sprinkle reaming ¼ cup pecans in bottom.

Combine sugar and cinnamon.
Melt remaining stick of margarine.

Cut one tube of biscuits into quarters.
Dip each piece in margarine and then roll in cinnamon sugar mixture and place in bundt pan.

When done with first tube of biscuits, pour half of brown sugar/pecan mixture into pan, covering evenly.

Repeat cutting, dipping, coating with second tube of biscuits.
Pour remaining brown sugar/pecan mixture evenly into pan.

Bake at 350 about 25-30 minutes.
Allow to cool a few minutes.
Place plate on pan and invert. Remove pan.

Kill diet!!!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Option: use frozen bread dough in place of tube bisquits.
Thaw dough. Before it has a chance to rise, pince off small pieces and form into ball about 1/2" to 3/4" around. Continue as above BUT..do not immediately bake. Instead allow to rise in wam place (free of draft) until double in volume. Then bake as above.

gilson6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilson6 Posted 4 May 2006 , 12:56pm
post #10 of 14

Oh, the memories you guys bring to mind!!! My mom used to make this all the time. Guess what I'll be fixing this weekend?

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 4 May 2006 , 1:00pm
post #11 of 14

That's the one Doug and it's delicious. I may have to try those this weekend too, haven't made them for a long time. Thanks for the recipe

tazneen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tazneen Posted 4 May 2006 , 1:14pm
post #12 of 14

Wow Doug!
This sounds great!!!!!

marinikola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marinikola Posted 4 May 2006 , 5:08pm
post #13 of 14

I actually use frozen bread dough. I thaw it out and pinch off peices and make balls out of them and roll them in butter and then brown sugar and then layer them in a bundt pan. I fill it about 1/2 or so. Just bake it at 350 until they are browned. I love this recipe.

tazneen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tazneen Posted 4 May 2006 , 6:53pm
post #14 of 14

keep those recipes a coming!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%