Violet Cancels Yellow... How?

Decorating By Aurora0044 Updated 23 Apr 2007 , 7:47pm by Lauree

Aurora0044 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aurora0044 Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 4:03pm
post #1 of 6

So still very new to cake making only been to the first wilton class and made about 8 cakes. I don't like the wilton recipie for the no color white BC cause it tastes funky, but can't use the buttercream dream because of the yellow tint. But then I heard you can use violet to cancel the yellow. How much of it do you need to use for the BC dream recipie and is the witon violet ok to use? Please help I have a cake this Saturday!

5 replies
imaginecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imaginecakes Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 4:26pm
post #2 of 6

I'm not sure, because I have never acually tried it!! (To afraid) But I have tried using the Wilton White coloring...and that worked well! But I too would like to know how much violet you would use...so here's a bump! icon_biggrin.gif

Confectionary2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Confectionary2 Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 4:31pm
post #3 of 6
StephW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StephW Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 6:33pm
post #4 of 6

You use VERY little violet! A little bit on a toothpick and mix. Just remember that you can always add... but you can't take it away if you use too much. It does work, I have done it successfully before, but I tried it again on Saturday and used too much. So I added some yellow to try to correct it again. It came out a very, very pale color... maybe a champagne (sp?) color.

darlene_000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darlene_000 Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 6:41pm
post #5 of 6

Violet is the exact oposite of yellow... so they cancel each other out.

It works very well, but like said before... add very little each time until you get the white you want... if you add too much then you'll get a violet tint.

Lauree Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lauree Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 7:47pm
post #6 of 6

I used the Wilton White coloring this weekend and it worked great! I'm too scared to try the violet (maybe some time on a little sample!).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%