Peanut Allergy! Need A Cake And Bc Recipe Fast Please!

Baking By fourangelsmommie Updated 23 Apr 2007 , 2:38pm by ssink1

fourangelsmommie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fourangelsmommie Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 2:19pm
post #1 of 4

Help! I have a customer who just called and wants a cake for Saturday night. The only problem....the person it is for has a peanut allergy! UGH!

I use DH box mix with pudding and extra eggs, and just the classic Wilton BC recipe.

Does anyone know if this will work? Or a recipe that I can use?

3 replies
tburkhalter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tburkhalter Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 2:25pm
post #2 of 4

My son has a mild peanut allergy and has never had a problem with DH mix cakes or the wilton bc frosting. Just make sure you use butter or an oil with no peanuts or other nut oils listed as an ingredient.

elvis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvis Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 2:32pm
post #3 of 4

Last time I called the number on the box, there are no peanuts processed in the Pillsbury cake mix factory. You should call the number on the box of whatever mix you like to use.

BUT, you have to realize that you're taking a risk by accepting the order. Do you make other cakes with peanut butter/peanuts in them? Do you have peanuts in your house? There's always the possibility of cross contamination--I'd find out if its a severe peanut allergy. If it is, its not worth the liability risk.

ssink1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ssink1 Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 2:38pm
post #4 of 4

Last summer I had the same situation. The little boy was extreemly alergic to peanusts and products that were even produced in the same building with anything containing peanuts. I can not remember which brand of cake I used, but I do know there is one that can be used. I used the Wilton Butter Cream receipe. One thing to keep in mind, make sure all your utincles do not come in contact with anything that has peanuts or a form of peanuts in them. I made sure my hand were always washed. I even washed out every bowl and all the utincles right before I used them, that way I knew there was time for anything to contaminate the cake. Maybe I was just "a little" cautious but I made sure I did not even eat anything with peanut butter or peanuts within a couple of days making the cake. I guess maybe I was just paranoid, but it was on me if something happend. I think you will do just fine, just make sure you are aware of everything while making your cake. Good Luck!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%