Sams Club Butter?

Decorating By momof3jotynjake Updated 4 May 2005 , 8:25am by KayDay

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 2 May 2005 , 6:39pm
post #1 of 18

Does anyone buy the sticks of butter at sams club. i cant remember the name of the maker, but it comes in a light blue case?

17 replies
montanakate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
montanakate Posted 2 May 2005 , 6:41pm
post #2 of 18

I get the butter at Costco, it comes in darker blue boxes. I haven't had any problems with it. Probably not a light colored as some of the higher quality brands but it really only make my buttercream just barely ivory

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 2 May 2005 , 6:42pm
post #3 of 18

I use Costco butter all the time. I've actually used Land O Lakes also and haven't noticed any difference in taste.

Lisa

vmw774180 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vmw774180 Posted 2 May 2005 , 6:48pm
post #4 of 18

I use it all the time and have had no problems!

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 2 May 2005 , 6:57pm
post #5 of 18

I use it all the time. I think the brand is land o lakes or blue bonnet, i forget. But it is so much cheaper that way and it works just fine for me.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 2 May 2005 , 7:27pm
post #6 of 18

The brand in the light blue box at Sam's is Mid-America Farms, and I use it all the time too.

It is good butter, and a lot cheaper than anyplace else I've been. 4 lbs is $7.53.
Janice

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 2 May 2005 , 7:35pm
post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by veejaytx

The brand in the light blue box at Sam's is Mid-America Farms, and I use it all the time too.

It is good butter, and a lot cheaper than anyplace else I've been. 4 lbs is $7.53.
Janice

Janice!! YES! THAT IS IT!! OOOO I was racking my brain trying to remember the name of that butter! ha ha ha... ok, im gonna buy it when i go back there.... that is such a good price!!

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 2 May 2005 , 7:40pm
post #8 of 18

I also use the butter from Sam's all the time and haven't had any problems with it.....although, Janice, you're getting it $2.00 cheaper than we do here in East Texas!!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 2 May 2005 , 7:55pm
post #9 of 18

$2.00 cheaper, wow, that is a lot of difference! I knew the price for sure because I just bought a package and had the receipt here in front of me!

I'm overwhelmed with the price difference though!
Janice

luceymoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luceymoose Posted 2 May 2005 , 7:57pm
post #10 of 18

It runs about 8.50 here in CO. I still use it all of the time. There is also butter solids that work well too if you always use 2 cups to make a double batch. These run even cheaper

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 2 May 2005 , 8:04pm
post #11 of 18

Yes, I use the solid alot when baking my cookies because I am usually making about 5 batches at a time and saves time not having to unwrap each stick individually.....the solid runs $8.14 for 4lbs while the 4 lbs of sticks run $9.32. I was in Dallas this weekend and went with my sister to Sams......if I had had a bigger cooler I would have bought even more butter.....as it is I bought 4 packages(16 lbs).....I couldn't get over the $2.00 price difference, pure vanilla was $3.00 cheaper for the 16 oz size too...stocked up on that also icon_lol.gif .....I stopped in Tyler on my way back home and it was the same price as here too......wonder why Dallas is so much cheaper? Still even at the higher price, it's alot less expensive than going to the grocery store and getting it!!

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 2 May 2005 , 8:04pm
post #12 of 18

I didn't realize how much cheaper it was at Sam's. I better stock on my next trip to Sam's which is this Friday.

Thanks for the heads up guys!

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 2 May 2005 , 9:55pm
post #13 of 18

icon_biggrin.gif don't forget your powder sugar while at sams club!!! i get a 7lb. bag for $3.44 and it is 10x
so check it out next time you go to sams. also.....the crisco is cheaper than anywhere else.
happy baking
melody

Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 2 May 2005 , 10:03pm
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3jotynjake

Does anyone buy the sticks of butter at sams club. i cant remember the name of the maker, but it comes in a light blue case?

I do and its great its $7 something for me and I get there 25 lbs of powder sugar and bag it my self also and thats $9 something for me... There nuts are good too... I can keep going on and on.. LOL

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 3 May 2005 , 8:14am
post #15 of 18

I did when I was around a Sams Club... I used to work for them.... great company, great products... the butter is great.... I have the bakery where I worked would use it to make BC icing when they were out of the stuff they normally used...

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 3 May 2005 , 9:04pm
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyscakes

icon_biggrin.gif don't forget your powder sugar while at sams club!!! i get a 7lb. bag for $3.44 and it is 10x
so check it out next time you go to sams. also.....the crisco is cheaper than anywhere else.
happy baking
melody

I'll remember that! thanks melody!

Chrystal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chrystal Posted 4 May 2005 , 1:28am
post #17 of 18

for my butcher shop i prefer Sams over costco.. I think costco is more for the home use and Sams is more for businesses... lol thats probly like there descriptions too..but again im lazy so i dunno lol..

I use sams butter all the time to Cook with.. i tried the Costco stuff and i don't think the food i cooked turned out as good.. But i was using it in Puff Pastry dough lol and potato croquettes lol...

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 4 May 2005 , 8:25am
post #18 of 18

I buy almost ALL my supplies at SamsClub.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%