What Would Be The Best Way To Do This?

Decorating By marknrox Updated 3 May 2006 , 3:44am by Birdlady

marknrox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknrox Posted 3 May 2006 , 12:12am
post #1 of 11

I need to make a graduation cake in a couple of weeks and wondering what would be the best way to do this so it looks really good.

Buttercream Transfer
Chocolate Transfer
Color Flow
Something else (please explain)

The paw print would be in purple or gold.

Thanks!
LL
LL

10 replies
glory2god Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glory2god Posted 3 May 2006 , 12:43am
post #2 of 11

the wilton 2006 yearbook tells you how to make the spiderman using candy melts (page 35). if you have the graduation cap cake pan (topping off success pan) you can do the same thing and just sit it on top of the cake. that way you'll have the tassle and just add the paws and lettering.

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 3 May 2006 , 12:53am
post #3 of 11

Need more info...
Is the question what to make the attached pics out of? I love choc transfers, but what medium are attaching them too? Is the cake a sheet cake with these items on it or what kind of cake? I am not very clear here am I?

marknrox Posted 3 May 2006 , 1:29am
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Quote:

Need more info...

Guess I could've been more clear....sorry! icon_redface.gif

It's just a small party and my friend wants a round cake with the paw prints (smaller than picture) and the LSU Logo on the cake somewhere. What I thought I would do is ice it in white buttercream. Then I'm going to put a small diploma on top out of gumpaste (haven't decided if it'll be open or rolled up). The LSU logo will either be directly on the diploma (gumpaste) or buttercream. I haven't figured where to put the pawprints yet.

Suggestions welcome.

(does this help you better understand where I am going with this?)

NEWTODECORATING Posted 3 May 2006 , 1:35am
post #5 of 11

Yes I think I know what you are doing now thanks. I have never put anything on gumpaste yet, but I think if you do the diploma out of gumpaste and the logo is on it, you wouldn't want FBCT for that purpose. Choc. transfer is probably the way to go for that. Sounds like a neat cake. Hope someone has a good answer for you. I will watch this topic because I want a answer now too.

marknrox Posted 3 May 2006 , 1:43am
post #6 of 11

Thanks so much for your help! I've never done a chocolate transfer, but I think I've got the general idea. Don't you use candy melts? I have plenty of white melts and some candy coloring.

NEWTODECORATING Posted 3 May 2006 , 2:01am
post #7 of 11

Yes, it is done like a FBCT but with candy melts. Squirrelly did a great tutorial I will see if I can find it for you.

NEWTODECORATING Posted 3 May 2006 , 2:11am
post #8 of 11

found it...

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-13945-.html

It should answer any questions you have.

marknrox Posted 3 May 2006 , 2:19am
post #9 of 11

Thanks sooo much for your help!! I think I might have to try that!

NEWTODECORATING Posted 3 May 2006 , 2:46am
post #10 of 11

Ok your gonna think I am crazy or stalking this post or something but I can't get this cake off my mind!! Now that I think about what I would do if I were going to put something on a gumpaste diploma I think either a edible image or food markers. Both of those would conform to the shape of the gumpaste. Choc. transfer is flat and ridgid.

WHERE O WHERE ARE THE EXPERTS??? LOL

Birdlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Birdlady Posted 3 May 2006 , 3:44am
post #11 of 11

Hi there!

I would photo copy the photo and cut that out of fondant. the LSU symbol anyway. It would be super easy. and attach to cak e this water. the paw prints you could easily put on with buttercream.

Good luck, bestest,

dawn

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%