Simple Way

Baking By trisha1972 Updated 2 May 2005 , 5:31pm by trisha1972

trisha1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trisha1972 Posted 2 May 2005 , 5:09pm
post #1 of 6

Take a lemon cake mix, use milk instead of water, and add about a TEASPOON of lemon jest. For a filling, you could use lemon curd but that may be a little toooo lemony for some. You could take lemon curd and mix it with your bc. Or you could take a box of lemon pudding and pie filling (instant if you can find it and DRY) and beat it into 1 cup heavy whipping cream. You'll have to refridgerate your cake if you use the last one.

5 replies
momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 2 May 2005 , 5:15pm
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by trisha1972

Take a lemon cake mix, use milk instead of water, and add about a TEASPOON of lemon jest. For a filling, you could use lemon curd but that may be a little toooo lemony for some. You could take lemon curd and mix it with your bc. Or you could take a box of lemon pudding and pie filling (instant if you can find it and DRY) and beat it into 1 cup heavy whipping cream. You'll have to refridgerate your cake if you use the last one.

oh boy! thank you sooooooooo much!! this is what i needeed! now, where do i get lemon zest?
thank you! i think ill try the lemon pudding and pie filling w/ whipping cream!
thanks!
\\Ute

trisha1972 Posted 2 May 2005 , 5:17pm
post #3 of 6

Lemon jest is just the outer peel of the lemon chopped REALLY, REALLY fine. You can buy a jester tool, but you can peel it off with a veggie peeler and then just chop it up REALLLLLLY fine.

momof3jotynjake Posted 2 May 2005 , 5:23pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:

Lemon jest is just the outer peel of the lemon chopped REALLY, REALLY fine. You can buy a jester tool, but you can peel it off with a veggie peeler and then just chop it up REALLLLLLY fine.

great! thanks
do you make this cake often?

momof3jotynjake Posted 2 May 2005 , 5:27pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:

one more question.. sorry icon_redface.gif

i have to do the icing in butter cream, do i use just the regular butter cream i use? im going to do a BCT of homer simpson....
or can i put some kind of lemon flavor

trisha1972 Posted 2 May 2005 , 5:31pm
post #6 of 6

No, not often. I'm the only one that likes lemon in my family.
I wouldn't bother adding lemon flavor to the bc, don't want it over powering.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%