Decorating By evacakes Updated 8 Jun 2007 , 2:47pm by dadams

evacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evacakes Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 9:58pm
post #1 of 34

33 replies
mizshelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mizshelli Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 11:54pm
post #2 of 34

WOW Thats cute! where did she come from????

Sunshine93 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunshine93 Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 11:59pm
post #3 of 34

Adorable!!!

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 12:15am
post #4 of 34

evacakes ~
FANTASTIC WORK!!! All of your work is absolutely fabulous!!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 12:25am
post #5 of 34

Hi Eva,
I am assuming this is another one of your awesome works of art in cold porclain. I would love it if you would PM me & give me a little information on how to work with it. Your work is fantastic.

sugarfancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarfancy Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 5:11am
post #6 of 34

Awesome Work!

evacakes Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 6:57pm
post #7 of 34

[
quote="mizshelli"]WOW Thats cute! where did she come from????[/quote]
Hello I am fron Spain , but I live in Argentina Soth America, if you see my work enter my web site www.ecakes.com.ar
thank you
eva

superstar Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 8:14am
post #8 of 34

Eva, your website is awesome. Your work is wonderful.

surfgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
surfgirl Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 8:31am
post #9 of 34

Eva, estoy sin palabras!!! Impresionante!!! Yo naci en Argentina pero vivo en Hawaii ahora con mi marido. Mis padres tambien son argentinos pero viven en Barcelona, asique tenemos algunas cosas en comun. Por favor no dejes de publicar fotos de tu increibles tortas. Saludos!!!

Mariel

mbarbi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbarbi Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 9:07am
post #10 of 34

very nice!!!

taznjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taznjo Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 9:21am
post #11 of 34

WOW, your cakes are amazing! How much would you charge for one of those? I was completely stunned at how awsome they are. All I could think was, "How could you dare eat one of those?" then my next thought was "It takes me 4-5 hours to make a basic doll cake, this is 40 hours of work. How could you ever charge enough to compensate you for your time!?"

Anyway. AWSOME! Fabulous!

carrielynnfields Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carrielynnfields Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 9:37am
post #12 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstar

Hi Eva,
I am assuming this is another one of your awesome works of art in cold porclain. I would love it if you would PM me & give me a little information on how to work with it. Your work is fantastic.

Me too please. That is phenominal! You are beyond and artist! Fantastic job!!!!!

BabyC1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyC1985 Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 9:41am
post #13 of 34

brilliant works of art. You are so talented and your website is amazing.

superstar Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 9:50am
post #14 of 34

taznjo, if it is cold porclain then it is inedible, but who the heck eats the decorations anyway, so that is just fine with me. I would love to make something in cold porclain.

taznjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taznjo Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 9:52am
post #15 of 34

True, but there is still alot of edible stuff on those cakes that take a LONG time to make. I am just so impressed. And how many times have we all made cakes and thought "It would be nice to save that." I have .. but my 4 year old is usually the first one to grab the hand-made MMF figurine and shove it in her mouth.

superstar Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 10:31pm
post #16 of 34

Taznjo, I didn't think of little ones eating the decorations, that was thoughtless of me & as it has glue & cold cream in it can only assume that would make anyone who tried to eat it sick. It really seems to do the same thing as gum paste, but I have heard it is not so easily breakable. I hope someone who knows more about this than you & I, will tell us all about it. I have kept gum paste decorations for 15 years & they kept very well. That of course was in a dry climate. Humidity is sugar's worst enemy, which is why I was interested in Cold Porclain.

Stina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stina Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 10:55pm
post #17 of 34

I have heard many people talk about cold porcelin but I do not know what it is. Does it start out like fondant and gumpaste and you mold it and it dries hard? Is there a recipe for making this?

khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 1:41am
post #18 of 34

She's wonderful!

superstar Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 1:54am
post #19 of 34

Hi stina, You use it exactly like gum paste or sugar paste, yes, there are recipes for it. It is basically cold cream, glycerin, glue, cornstarch & water.

Stina Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 12:02am
post #20 of 34

forgive me for being a little "lingo"challenged, but because I have not really investigated cold porcelin before I have no idea what cold cream is icon_confused.gif ? Can you give a little more explanation, superstar? THX

lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 12:07am
post #21 of 34

OMG that is gorgeous!

superstar Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 12:30am
post #22 of 34

Hi Stina,
Cold cream is for removing makeup, Ponds make a cold cream & I'm sure there are others but Ponds has been around for so long that it is the brand that comes to mind when cold cream is mentioned. Hope that helps.

Stina Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 12:43am
post #23 of 34

Wow thanks superstar! how stupid could I be? I never thought that cold cream could actually mean just that. I had to go and complicate things - that is how I am always getting into trouble icon_rolleyes.gif . Thanks again - this looks like something worth "playing around with" even though I am confident that I will never be able to create something as beautiful as Eva!

Eva your fairy and your web page are out of this world - thanks for sharing your wonderful talent with all of us!

ladysonja Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladysonja Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 1:08am
post #24 of 34

Absolutely speachless! It is beautiful!

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 1:10am
post #25 of 34

FANTASTICO!!!!!

evacakes Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 1:47am
post #26 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stina

Wow thanks superstar! how stupid could I be? I never thought that cold cream could actually mean just that. I had to go and complicate things - that is how I am always getting into trouble icon_rolleyes.gif . Thanks again - this looks like something worth "playing around with" even though I am confident that I will never be able to create something as beautiful as Eva!

Eva your fairy and your web page are out of this world - thanks for sharing your wonderful talent with all of us!

superstar Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:46am
post #27 of 34

Here is another COLD PORCLAIN RECIPE:
3/4 cup of white glue
1 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup of water
1 teaspoon cold cream
1 teaspoon glycerin

mix wet ingredients until smooth over medium heat. Cook for a few minutes & add cornstarch. Stir continually until it forms a ball, remove from the pan & mix thoroughly with hands. .(cover with a damp cloth until it is cool enough to handle. Use cold cream to moisten molds and/or when you are working with it, if it becomes sticky. or dust with cornstarch.

I have more recipes if anyone wants them.

Sucker4Love Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sucker4Love Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 9:38am
post #28 of 34

wow that looks great, your amazing! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 11:41pm
post #29 of 34

K i have a question.....where does one get sodium benzoate and does it have a household product name?

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 1 May 2007 , 12:02am
post #30 of 34
Quote:
Quote:

where does one get sodium benzoate and does it have a household product name?

Me too! So do you use this stuff for characters only? How had does this get? Is it easy to color and what kind of colorings do you use??

sorry for so many questions but, this is totally new to me! I have NEVER heard of this!!
Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%