Advice Needed Please!!!!

Business By pancake Updated 1 May 2006 , 8:08pm by StandingForJesus

pancake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pancake Posted 1 May 2006 , 7:46pm
post #1 of 5

I've been asked to do a 'Thomas the Train" cake using the 3D Train pan. I plan to put the 3D train on top of a 13" square 2-layer cake. It's for a good friend, but I'm really trying to start charging people appropriately for my cakes (until now, I haven't really been charging for my time). So I need price advice......how much would you charge for this cake if you were asked to do it?! Probably no fondant, just BC.

4 replies
mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 1 May 2006 , 8:03pm
post #2 of 5

What do cakes generally go for in your area?

I don't know what to tell you to charge, but don't feel like you have to charge less than the local bakeries.

Good Luck figuring out a price...maybe someone else can chime in here & help out more.

dolcesunshine20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolcesunshine20 Posted 1 May 2006 , 8:03pm
post #3 of 5

That's a lot of cake!! I'd start at pricing it by the serving. For my 3D cakes, I start at 3.50/serving.

reenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reenie Posted 1 May 2006 , 8:04pm
post #4 of 5

I think I would charge about $50-$60 for it depending on how much you feel you're time on it is worth.

StandingForJesus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StandingForJesus Posted 1 May 2006 , 8:08pm
post #5 of 5

For all my cakes, except my wedding cakes, I add up the entire cost that it cost me to make from start to finish. I then mutiply it by 2 and that takes care of my time etc. I don't usually have anyone who thinks this is an unfair price. I think I'm the one worried about the price more than any of my customers are. Hope this helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%