First Cake Ever.

Decorating By Aimeestrange Updated 22 Apr 2007 , 7:23am by dandelion

Aimeestrange Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aimeestrange Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 5:45am
post #1 of 3

Well this story is from a LONG time ago- like 15ish years ago! At that time I was lucky if I was in the 6th grade. icon_cool.gif
My dear old Dad was diligently putting a new roof on my grandmother's house, not even taking the day off for his own birthday. I really felt rotten that he would be missing out on his own birthday. So I decided to make him a birthday cake. I dug out Mom's cookbook, and began making cake and icing both from scratch. icon_lol.gif
Mind you, I was home alone. Just let your mind wander about how much of a mess a 6th grader can make in the kitchen..... icon_eek.gif
The cake was really moist, prefectly done-couldn't ask for a better tasting first time from scratch cake. thumbs_up.gif
The icing on the other hand was...well it sort of looked like someone had actually chucked on it. LOL It was extremely runny. The icing colors I used were extremely old...It was meant to be yellow with black letters, but instead it was a huge yellow and black runny mess. icon_cry.gif
And I am more than willing to tell on myself for this one......The cake was lopsided, so I propped up the one side with paper towels!!!! icon_biggrin.gif Well at least I thought I was being creative, my parents thought it was hilarious.
So Dad said it was the best cake he'd ever had, I cleaned up the mess, and the story is told everytime cake is mentioned. thumbs_up.gif

2 replies
bonnebouche Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonnebouche Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 7:05am
post #2 of 3

I am sure your Dad loved it and will always cherish that memory!!!

dandelion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 7:23am
post #3 of 3

Adorable story. Look how far you've come! And congratulations on the delicious scratch cake. Scratch cakes take talent!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%