Looking For New Icing Flavorings

Decorating By luv2cake Updated 1 May 2006 , 8:08pm by clb307

luv2cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cake Posted 1 May 2006 , 1:32pm
post #1 of 11

I found some Davinci Gourmet flavorings that you would normally use to flavor your coffee/tea/Italian sodas. I bought the "Classic Hazelnut syrup" and the "Classic Almond syrup."

I was just thinking that maybe they could also be used in my BC. Has anyone done this before? Any ideas or thoughts. I would hate to waste a batch of BC if it dosen't work.

Thanks everybody!

10 replies
luv2cake Posted 1 May 2006 , 3:51pm
post #2 of 11

Bump....

Anyone??

i_love_icing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
i_love_icing Posted 1 May 2006 , 4:59pm
post #3 of 11

I haven't tried it before, but I bet it would work fine and taste really, really good. Maybe you could try just a tiny bit, maybe a 1/4 t or so in part of your BC so it doesn't ruin the whole batch if it didn't work.

BethieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BethieB Posted 1 May 2006 , 5:53pm
post #4 of 11

Sometimes if I don't have my wilton vanilla handy, I use sugarfree kahlua or sugarfree chocolate syrup. It works well.

alimonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Posted 1 May 2006 , 5:58pm
post #5 of 11

I've seen somebody on here that uses those, but can't remember who. I haven't tried them because I figure the icing is sweet enough as it is, but I've used flavored non-dairy creamer plenty of times.

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 1 May 2006 , 5:59pm
post #6 of 11

oooooooh, I bet that hazelnut would taste divine in a chocolate buttercream, and the almond would be fab with anything white chocolate!

luv2cake Posted 1 May 2006 , 6:30pm
post #7 of 11

Thanks everyone.
I too was wondering about the sugar int he syrup as to if it would make it too sweet.

I guess I will just have to give it a try for myself.

Thanks!

Somethin-Sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Somethin-Sweet Posted 1 May 2006 , 6:36pm
post #8 of 11

I have used them before......if it is too sweet- I just add a tiny pinch of popcorn salt.....makes a world of differrence! icon_smile.gif

BethieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BethieB Posted 1 May 2006 , 7:56pm
post #9 of 11

I haven't had any complaints about the icicng being too sweet. I might try the salt trick. I have had the syrup with sugar in them. I thought they were alittle too sweet. The ones I use are made with Splenda. I would have thought some of the flavored creamers migth be too sweet too.?

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 1 May 2006 , 8:02pm
post #10 of 11

I have used my regular buttercream icing and flavored it with maple syrup. You would think it would make it way too sweet but it didn't at all. It was fabulous!! The person that I made the cake for doesn't like sweet icing and she said it was just perfect. I guess the possibilites are unlimited.

clb307 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clb307 Posted 1 May 2006 , 8:08pm
post #11 of 11

Maple syrup? Interesting! What kind of cake did you put that on?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%