How Many Cups In A Pound

Business By deijha Updated 1 May 2006 , 3:11pm by deijha

deijha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deijha Posted 30 Apr 2006 , 2:39pm
post #1 of 8

of powdered sugar? I'm thinking its 4, I think I've read that some where on here before, but just wanted to get some expert opinions. I just went to sam's club and got a 7 lb bag for around 5 dollars ( i can't remember) exactely I think thats called a brain F**t. Anyway, is 4 cups one lb?
Thanks

7 replies
SugarCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarCreations Posted 30 Apr 2006 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 8

4 cups/16 ounces or 250 grams...

Regards Sugarcreations

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 30 Apr 2006 , 2:49pm
post #3 of 8

I have also bought the 7lb bag of sugar out at my local sams club and when I measured out four cups the consistency did not seem the same as when I just used a one pound box already measured out ... it seemed a little thicker to me ...

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 1 May 2006 , 3:29am
post #4 of 8

1 cup = 8 ozs.

there are 16 ozs. in a pound, however, 16 ozs. of flour, for example, does not weigh a pound....it just measures 16 ozs.

It depends on what you are measuring

jdelectables Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdelectables Posted 1 May 2006 , 3:36am
post #5 of 8

I think 1 lb. of powdered sugar equals, like, 3 1/2 c.

Julie

slejdick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slejdick Posted 1 May 2006 , 3:39am
post #6 of 8

I have a bag of Domino 10x cane sugar here, and it says on the bag that it contains 2 pounds, which is approximately 7 1/2 cups. That would make about 3 3/4 cups per pound.

hth!
Laura.

koolaidstains Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
koolaidstains Posted 1 May 2006 , 3:42am
post #7 of 8

I buy the same 7 lb bags! I actually went out and bought a digital scale when I took my first cake course. I've measure out the 1 lb boxes as well as measuring what was 1 lb on my scale and I get about 3 3/4 cups.

If you check the 1 lb box, it list serving size in tablespoons and then has servings to box. When you convert the total tablespoons to cups, it comes out to 3 3/4.

I haven't been doing this very long, but I stopped measuring everything for my icing. I might use the recipe as a guide, but heat and humidity messes it up so I just go by the feel of the icing. A scale is a good investment though, especially if you're doing scratch cakes.

deijha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deijha Posted 1 May 2006 , 3:11pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks you guys.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%