Please Read For Loads Of Laughs

Business By ASupergirl Updated 29 Apr 2007 , 3:48am by peacockplace

ASupergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASupergirl Posted 21 Apr 2007 , 2:18pm
post #1 of 12

All right....I made an order from my supplier....FedEx tried to deliver yesterday....I missed them by 5 minutes on my lunch break and I can literally see my work from my house....How crappy is that....I have a wedding contract to go out today for this order which is last minute...Wedding is the 28th of this month...Next Saturday!!!!!...I also have UPS coming (non-important other order)....well UPS couldn't deliver because the address was messed up yesterday...will try on Monday (thank the Lord I"m off of work).....The FedEx has to have ONLY my signature on it....So even my own husband can't sign for it...DUMB!!! and not my choice.....Today I've got the contract to go out (also sent via e-mail) I go to put stamps on it....I'm short a stamp!!!! I call the bank which I can see from my front door...they have stamps and would gladly let me get them!!! THANKS AGAIN!!!!..I run over there while of course putting a note on the door to tell Mr. FedEx man not to leave I can see him.....The bank won't let me buy the stamps since I feed them with goodies all the time....great no prob....I ask about where that little blue mailbox went that was on the telephone pole...IT'S GONE FOR ABOUT A WEEK NOW!!! The post office removed it....GREAT!!! I can't leave because Mr. FedEX man might come.....I call my poor mother-in-law...wake her up and say...please come help me...I can't leave...Of course she will come she just has to get dressed. I go back to talk to my neighbor and in the middle of it...I see a post office guy at the bank..I literally run after him to get him to take the letter and low and behold....I see the FedEx delivery guy.....I absolutely holeheartly start running after him down the street...all the while my neighbor is laughing.....I chase him right down the street..He misses my drive and turns around (I panic because I thought he wasn't coming for me....) He comes around and I start to do this wild victory dance as he is coming....He slowly rolls down the window and says...."I've never heard or seen anybody get this excited over a package....." He says this very monotoned gets out of the vehicle gets my package hands it over slowly....and says "Do mind if I share how excited you got?"...I look at him and blurt out...."I don't care what you do...I love you Mr. FedEx Man!!!" He instantaneously starts laughing as he is getting in the truck and leaves still laughing.......Here I am...I call my mother-in-law and tell her to stop coming over I got the package....and before I even leave for the post-office which closes soon....to get this blasted contract out in the mail.....I had to tell all of you that I literally chased down poor Mr. FedEx man ..... icon_lol.gif

11 replies
karensjustdessert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensjustdessert Posted 21 Apr 2007 , 2:23pm
post #2 of 12

Now, that was funny! Glad to see that everything worked out for you.

I wonder what you would say to a flower delivery! icon_lol.gif

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 21 Apr 2007 , 2:31pm
post #3 of 12
Quote:
Quote:

I wonder what you would say to a flower delivery!

ROFLMAO!!
THANKS, I just blew chocolate milk out of my nose!!

ASupergirl, I'm sooo glad everything worked out for you! Thanks for the laugh!

Gail

Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 21 Apr 2007 , 2:31pm
post #4 of 12

Too funny! Sounds like something I would do, lol! icon_smile.gif

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 21 Apr 2007 , 2:51pm
post #5 of 12

OMG! Sounds like you are obsessed with the FedEX man AND the mailman! hahahaha! (I can see everything from my house!) Sounds like you got a good workout too! icon_lol.gif
Glad everything worked out for ya! thumbs_up.gif

funfoodie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funfoodie2 Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 2:08am
post #6 of 12

I think it's time for you to make an appt for treatment about your fetish for men in uniforms! lmao!

ASupergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASupergirl Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 6:01am
post #7 of 12

Maybe I do have a fetish....my husband is in the middle of becoming a police officer....ha ha.....at least he'll have cool tools we could actually use.....handcuffs...numerouse options here....night sticks to beat my crappy neighbors with....mace....spray that dang blasted stray cat that drives mine nuts....what would I ever do with one of those little signbox gun things or a whole bunch of stamps......although I'm afraid you all could think of something I could do with them ...just like my mother-in-law tells me weird things all the time....just so she'll get her first grandchild....I just sing la la la and plug my ears....ha ha night

itsloops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsloops Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 6:24am
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by funfoodie2

I think it's time for you to make an appt for treatment about your fetish for men in uniforms! lmao!

I'm dying here.... icon_lol.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 6:32am
post #9 of 12

This is a great story. Thanks for sharing! And just think, it wasn't full moon or Friday the 13th, either!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

ladysonja Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladysonja Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 12:57pm
post #10 of 12

I work for FedEx and the stories that the drivers come in with are similuar to yours! Some not so funny!

One thing I have learned about Vendors/Suppliers is that they have had to start putting "receipent" signatures only on most packages being delivered due to theft and claims.

It can make for a crazy day if your expecting an important package. Trust me, I've been in your shoes and I work for FedEx - Maybe the next time he delivers to you... give him a home made cookie... It goes a long way for your next important package if he is your normal FedEx Man!

Laroux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laroux Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 3:30am
post #11 of 12

Had my own delivery story this week, mine involved a drive by UPS man. He just happened to come to my screen door when I was threatening my youngest three children, "If you touch anything in this kitchen, no cake after dinner." I saw the movement out of the corner of my eye as the man in brown set a box on my door step. I continued. " And no cake for you either!"
He looked me in the eye, smiled and left.

Don't know why I said it, hope he won't hold it against me. My mouth was just on auto-pilot. icon_redface.gif

mommachris

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 3:48am
post #12 of 12

Wow.. I bet you made his day!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%