Wilton Course Books!?!?!?!

Decorating By ASupergirl Updated 2 May 2006 , 12:32am by topaz176

ASupergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASupergirl Posted 29 Apr 2006 , 9:55pm
post #1 of 19

I just bought the Course 3 package and there is no book!!! Now what?!? I opened everything and started playing with it and realized that I had no book!!! I mainly just bought it for the lily nail set in it because I can't for the life of me find them any other way in my area. It would be nice to have the book. Can you get the books by themselves? If so, I'd like the first two courses as well.....But for now can someone help on the course 3 MIA book????

18 replies
Schmoop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Schmoop Posted 29 Apr 2006 , 10:00pm
post #2 of 19

The books are given out at the first class usually, I think they are included in the price of the class, not the kit.

AuntEm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntEm Posted 29 Apr 2006 , 10:02pm
post #3 of 19

They sell the course books at my hobby lobby. That is were I bought all mine. Because I thought I could teach myself. But now the classes are only $12.50 and only like 10 miles away I'm going to take the classes and the books come with the classes.

cakelady52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady52 Posted 29 Apr 2006 , 10:02pm
post #4 of 19

Try looking on ebay sometimes they sell the books.

ogolds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ogolds Posted 29 Apr 2006 , 10:02pm
post #5 of 19

Yes, the books aren't in the kits. Some stores like AC Moore sell them separately.

AmberCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmberCakes Posted 29 Apr 2006 , 10:17pm
post #6 of 19

I bought mine on Ebay. One seller had all 3 books on 1 auction. I also saw them at Micheals. Good luck! icon_smile.gif ~Josie

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 29 Apr 2006 , 11:06pm
post #7 of 19

Mine were given out the first night of the Wilton class.

qtkaylassweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtkaylassweets Posted 29 Apr 2006 , 11:19pm
post #8 of 19

They are on ebay for $5.99 through one persons ebay store. It was a course 3 book. She had course 2 and 3.

buzzybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buzzybee Posted 30 Apr 2006 , 1:12am
post #9 of 19

They are $5 at Joann's I just saw them again today.

mrboop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrboop Posted 30 Apr 2006 , 1:20am
post #10 of 19

I got my books when I attended the classes. But, I did see that Hobby Lobby sells all three course books.

ASupergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASupergirl Posted 30 Apr 2006 , 1:27am
post #11 of 19

Thanks for all the info....I'm not taking the courses. I interned at a bakery for three years....I just wanted the lily nails that were in the box! ha ha...I couldn't find them for a 45-60 mile radius from my house....that was the only way that I could get them without paying like 15 bucks for shipping on a 2 dollar item...yeah right....plus I got other fun stuff in the box to play with.....I'll have to look up Hobby Lobby and see if they have them...sadly they didn't carry the lily nails- ten bucks says the carry the book for it..... icon_smile.gif

klkhoneycutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klkhoneycutt Posted 30 Apr 2006 , 4:19am
post #12 of 19

I have one I bought off ebay if you want it you can have it I bought it thinking you need to have them for class but they give them to you i was gonna sell it on ebay but if that is all you need I would gladly mail it to you!!
Lisa

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 30 Apr 2006 , 1:31pm
post #13 of 19

they sell the individual course books at AC Moore, too. If you bought the kit and the book wasn't init, can you call the store and tell them? Maybe they can give you the book that it was supposed to come with?

qtkaylassweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtkaylassweets Posted 30 Apr 2006 , 9:30pm
post #14 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonniebakes

they sell the individual course books at AC Moore, too. If you bought the kit and the book wasn't init, can you call the store and tell them? Maybe they can give you the book that it was supposed to come with?

The Wilton course kits are not supposed to come with the book. They give you the book on the first day of class.

SANDRAAMADOR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SANDRAAMADOR Posted 30 Apr 2006 , 9:41pm
post #15 of 19

here in orlando they also give you the book on the first day off class ................

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 1 May 2006 , 1:29am
post #16 of 19

I know the Hobby Lobby here carries the Course books for sale.

Also I know, atleast with Michaels, that they will no longer carry the Lily Nail in store. They are suppose to be resetting the Wilton section sometimes during May so they have clearanced some of the products they will no longer carry to make room for the new things.

AmyBeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyBeth Posted 1 May 2006 , 1:35am
post #17 of 19

They do carry the course books at Joanns.

Eeyore16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eeyore16 Posted 1 May 2006 , 1:44am
post #18 of 19

They are available on ebay. I bought a lot of old Wilton books there.

topaz176 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
topaz176 Posted 2 May 2006 , 12:32am
post #19 of 19

Hey,Sandraamador I was in Orlando last week.
Were do they sell the cake stuff?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%