Mixing Wilton With Magic Line?

Decorating By marthajo1 Updated 20 Apr 2007 , 11:00pm by Teekakes

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 6:07pm
post #1 of 10

I have three 6"x2" wilton pans and one 8"x3". (all rounds) I would like to buy some more pans to get a little set for bigger cakes can I mix cakes made in the wilton pans with ones made in Magic Line or do I just need to start over?

I also have a few square wilton pans but I know I want to replace those to get better corners!

Now- Sorry CC- I would like to find out where to buy them too? I would rather order from here but they are out. If they are back in when I am ready to order I would gladly buy from you guys but..... Where else is a good place to buy?

9 replies
lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 6:15pm
post #2 of 10

i have magic line and wilton pans.. i kept the wilton ones I had but all my newer pans are magic line.

i have never ordered them online (only from a local supply so cant help u there.u may try doitwithicing.com (in california)

lilthorner Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 6:15pm
post #3 of 10

i have magic line and wilton pans.. i kept the wilton ones I had but all my newer pans are magic line.

i have never ordered them online (only from a local supply so cant help u there.u may try doitwithicing.com (in california)
or cakesbysam.com (AZ)

i like to get my stuff from somewhere close LOL

GinaJuarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinaJuarez Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 6:17pm
post #4 of 10

I would make sure that my pans of the same size are the same, for example, all my 6 inches are wilton, my 8 inches are magic line, all my 10s are wilton, etc. That way if there are slight variation in size or shape (i have some off brand 8 inch cake pans that are slightly slanted outwards around the edge) that if combined with a straight edge wilton(or magic line) I would have carve to get them to match up. I wouldn't worry about mixing the different pan sized on a tier cake or whatever though. Doubt anyone could tell.

crislen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crislen Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 6:25pm
post #5 of 10

I agree with GinaJuarez make sure identical size pans are the same brand to avoid size differences.

But other than the Martha Stewart types out there, who needs all there stuff to match!! icon_biggrin.gif

When eating a decorated cake, I can't tell the difference between a cake baked in a Wilton Pan or a Magic Line Pan.

But you are Martha Stewart, go for Magic Line!! thumbs_up.gif

lilthorner Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 6:35pm
post #6 of 10

i have taken to trimming my cakes on the sides anyways, so it hasnt ever really made a diff

i would never bake a straight edged pan with a slanted edge pan. I was mainly speaking about rounds

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 7:57pm
post #7 of 10

Great Thanks! Now how about ordering them anybody have experience with any sites?

This site has good prices but I don't know anything about them? http://www.intotheoven.com/3-inch-c-39_40_191.html

Anybody?

NoNameinNM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NoNameinNM Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 8:47pm
post #8 of 10

I recently placed my first order from them and was very pleased. I was impressed with how fast they shipped my order-- seems like I got my email notice within an hour or two!

darkchocolate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darkchocolate Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 8:59pm
post #9 of 10

I just recently bought some more Magic Line pans. I bought them from Country Kitchen Sweet Art. Their prices are very reasonable and so is their S&H.

You may want to check with customer service, but I am almost positive that the Magic Line pans begin with a product #50-

darkchocolate

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 11:00pm
post #10 of 10

I have both brands. I order my magic line pans from cakepans4less.com they have a great selection and always in stock.

Like already mentioned, just make sure all 6" are one brand, 8" one brand, etc.. and you will be fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%