Fondant And Marzipan

Decorating By loves2bake Updated 28 Apr 2006 , 6:21pm by rach1

loves2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loves2bake Posted 28 Apr 2006 , 1:32pm
post #1 of 4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi! I'm new to this site, but have heard wonderful things about how helpful you all are and I'm hoping you'll help me. I'm making a cake covered in fondant and want to attach accessories. I was thinking of using marzipan for the accessories since it shapes so well, but don't know if it will stick to the fondant. Does anyone KNow if this is a good idea? It's for a family occasion and I really appreciate any ideas/suggestions you may have. icon_confused.gif

3 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 28 Apr 2006 , 1:34pm
post #2 of 4

I'm sure it would be fine........but as long as you're covering the cake in fondant, why not mold the accesorries out of fondant as well???

rlm5150 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlm5150 Posted 28 Apr 2006 , 1:46pm
post #3 of 4

I haven't tried marzipan yet, but I know everyone I've had try fondant doesn't like it. Maybe you could cover the cake with marzipan , instead of fondant. Just a thought. Good luck with whichever you choose.
Tabby

rach1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rach1 Posted 28 Apr 2006 , 6:21pm
post #4 of 4

Hiya

Yes you can cover a cake in fondant and use marizpann figures....but if no one likes fondant why not do the whole thing in marizpann...

Good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%