Any Photos For Boy's Communion

Decorating By Leemorel Updated 22 Apr 2007 , 2:45pm by midialjoje

Leemorel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leemorel Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 3:15pm
post #1 of 18

Anybody have any ideas on a cross cake for a communion that looks like it is for a little boy? A lot of the ones I see have flowers and lacy. Do you think cornelli lace looks feminine?
Thanks!

17 replies
springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 3:44pm
post #2 of 18

I personally think flowers are okay for a boy as long as it isnt too frilly like. I think cornelli lace is nice too. Have you checked the galleries here for pics? Also there is a nice boyish looking one in the 2006 wilton yearbook page 79 called Beginning His Journey that is nice. You might check the website or yearbook for it. Here is one I found in the gallery

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=search&search=cross&cat=0&pos=124&search=cross

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 3:07am
post #4 of 18

check out my religious page

www.sharonssugarshack.com

springlakecake Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 12:39pm
post #5 of 18

Oh lord. When I see Sharon's sugar shack cakes I can hardly contain myself. They are all so lovely. I have a question, Sharon, how do you get your crosses to stand upright? Do you just put a stick in back and push into the cake? and if so, do you not worry about what the back looks like?

sugarshack Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 1:01pm
post #6 of 18

yes, and i do not worry about the back; i know of others that sandwhich flat popsicle sticks inbetween 2 layers of GP when making the cross; I am too lazy for that icon_biggrin.gif

springlakecake Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 1:02pm
post #7 of 18

okay great! I might try it! I do that a lot when I make chocolate transfers. I figure every cake needs a back!

christielee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christielee Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 1:32pm
post #8 of 18

Sugarshack, you are sooooooo... awesome! Not to highjack this forum, or anything, but how do you find all of your chocolate molds? Do you make them yourself? I am really, totally in awe!

Christie

mizshelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mizshelli Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 1:35pm
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarshack

check out my religious page

www.sharonssugarshack.com

I want to be Sharon when I grow up... icon_eek.gif

sugarshack Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 1:39pm
post #10 of 18

pthththththththth

icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_biggrin.gif

springlakecake Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 2:12pm
post #11 of 18

Dont be embarrassed! Your cakes are just so impressive! I would love to be you when I grow up too! LOL!

sugarshack Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 2:20pm
post #12 of 18

icon_smile.gif

midialjoje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midialjoje Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 2:17am
post #13 of 18

I am in awe of Sugarshack, also. as you can see on my website, I borrowed several of your ideas (wish they turned out half as good as yours!) also did one from the wilton book that was for a boy (the altar one), a bible could always work, and I have some crosses with stained glass or blue. good luck.

www.haveyourcakeandeatittoo.org

midialjoje Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 2:18am
post #14 of 18

oh, and Sugarshack, is your website new or updated? I don't remember it like that (but maybe just saw your cakes on cc, instead of on your website before.) It looks wonderful!

sugarshack Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 4:19am
post #15 of 18

Thanks! the homepage was updated with new pics a few months ago, but other than that, it is the same as always. Thanks!!! icon_smile.gif

kidsnurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kidsnurse Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 4:37am
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by merissa

I would love to be you when I grow up too! LOL!

Yeah, me too!!!

springlakecake Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 11:42am
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by midialjoje

I am in awe of Sugarshack, also. as you can see on my website, I borrowed several of your ideas (wish they turned out half as good as yours!) also did one from the wilton book that was for a boy (the altar one), a bible could always work, and I have some crosses with stained glass or blue. good luck.

www.haveyourcakeandeatittoo.org

Just wanted to let you know I tried your website and I couldnt get the pics to show up.

midialjoje Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 2:45pm
post #18 of 18

I have heard this from a few people now and then, but I can get in and the majority of people who try can get in and see them. Someone told me that it must be something on the user's end and not something with the website if it only happens to some people.

I don't know if that is true or not. can anyone help or at least check on my website to see if you can see the pictures???

than you!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%