Pampered Chef ?

Decorating By heiser73 Updated 21 Apr 2007 , 8:34am by LaSombra

heiser73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heiser73 Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 2:42pm
post #1 of 47

Hi everyone,

I am attending a Pampered Chef party tonight that my sister in law is hosting so I will have to buy something, but I don't want to waste my money on something stupid, which I've been known to do.

So I was hoping some of you would have some good items for me to consider buying, that you use and like and is worth the moneyicon_smile.gif

Thanks so much for your help!

46 replies
mom2seven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2seven Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 2:49pm
post #2 of 47

I have been wanting to get the Egg Separator, Mix 'N Chop, Mix 'N Masher & the Decorator Bottle Set.

Just look online 1st and that way you can see what they have with the pressure of someone pushing you to get something you don't need.

Lostinalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lostinalaska Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 2:52pm
post #3 of 47

I love the stone wear, use my pizza stone for alot of stuff, that is what I would buy

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 2:53pm
post #4 of 47

I used to have a Pampered Chef addiction I think. I have many of their products but the one I use the most (especially for baking) is the Measure-All Cup. It is great for shortening and peanut butter in recipes.

http://www.pamperedchef.com/our_products/catalog/product.jsp?productId=210&categoryCode=KW

I also have the cake pan set with checkerboard insert that I think is great to have although I don't use it all that much.

I just saw the Decorator Bottle Set on their website - that looks great!

mom2seven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2seven Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 3:01pm
post #5 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by awolf24

I just saw the Decorator Bottle Set on their website - that looks great!

Do they look so cute? I don't think I would do a whole cake with them but I'm sure they are great for doing some of the decorating. thumbs_up.gif

kbochick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbochick Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 3:11pm
post #6 of 47

I love Pampered Chef. I use the stoneware for all of my baking that isn't cakes. I absolutely adore their spatulas - they're so heat resistant. I even use them to stir my sugar when I'm boiling it. I need to get some more.

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 3:49pm
post #7 of 47

I love how durable their spatulas, one of my better spatula investments. You can never have enough spatulas when you are baking. icon_lol.gif

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 3:52pm
post #8 of 47

used to sell it... their spatulas don't hold color, so if you use red coloring, they don't stain... also the twix it clips are nice for clipping icing bags... and of course, the measure all cup is used in my house will filling my icing bags!

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 3:54pm
post #9 of 47

I forgot about the chip clips, and I also just remembered that I have the bar board size cutting board and love how durable it is. I want to buy the larger one someday.

Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 3:56pm
post #10 of 47

The stoneware is a must have! LOVE IT!

bambuf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bambuf Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 3:58pm
post #11 of 47

I agree with awolf24. I like the measure all cup. I use the clear part to hold my decorator bags when filling with icing. It is the perfect size. I also like the Mix N Scrapers. They hold up to just about anything and resist grease, etc. Plus, they are not super high dollar items! HTH

MemphisMom9801 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MemphisMom9801 Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 3:58pm
post #12 of 47

I've got lots of PC products!! The ones I use most are the Measure-All cup, the Food Chopper, my large & small stoneware bar pans, the adjustable measuring spoons and cup, my small & large batter bowls, and kitchen shears. I also have several utensils that I use, too. Have fun at the party tonight and let us know what you end up buying! Happy Shopping!! icon_razz.gif

saleann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saleann Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 4:00pm
post #13 of 47

The Mix-N-Scrapers are GREAT! I sell pampered chef and of all the stuff i got this is great! They also have a glass bowl that has measurements on the side and it has a lid which is great to store my icing in between refilling my bag! The bunt pan is good too! I make a cake in the microwave with it just for my husband and he loves it and it only takes 14 minutes! Oh yeah, and the measure all cup!

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 4:02pm
post #14 of 47

I agree!!! The stones are a MUST!!!!!
Amazing for cookies and baking ANYTHING! Also the bundt stone, I love love love it!

Does anybody here in CC still sell?? Or knows about somebody who sells? I recently moved and lost contact with PC lady!

Thanks so much!

MemphisMom9801 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MemphisMom9801 Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 4:03pm
post #15 of 47

Oh, I forgot, I did recently order the Decorator Bottle set. And, like others have mentioned, the spatulas are really good. The Quik-Stir Pitcher is fun and easy to use. Utensils I have are the spreader, bamboo spatula/spoons/and tongs, classic & skinny scrapers, mini-whipper, stainless whisk, mini-serving spatula, and the pizza cutter. Another thing I really like is the smooth edge can opener. My kids are old enough to use the apple wedger and my youngest even loves to use the deluxe cheese grater for shredded cheese. Oh, goodness... I've gone on too long! *heehee*

Tiffysma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffysma Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 4:09pm
post #16 of 47

I have my share of PC products too. The 3 things I use daily or almost daily are the food chopper (love it!), the pump that you put olive oil in and make your own spray, the soap pumps that you put a bit of liquid soap and it makes foam (I have one of those in each of my 3 bathrooms and have gotten them for my mother and my DIL - no soap mess!). Really enjoy my stoneware too!

navywifetrat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
navywifetrat Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 4:12pm
post #17 of 47

I also have a pampered chef addiction - I love everything! I use my stones on a daily basis and my spatulas. I have had a couple of my spatulas for over 10 years. They are still as white as they were when I bought them and I have used them in spaghetti sauce and red icing.

My friend bought the Decorator Bottle Set - I wouldn't buy them. They have an opening about the size of a quarter to put the icing in. I am not sure how you would even get the icing in there unless it was almost liquid.

I also buy the little $1.00 cookbooks and then give them as birthday cards and write a little message on the inside cover. I buy the envelopes for them at an office supply store (can't remember what the acual size is but it is like half of a 9x12 or something close). It is much cheaper than going and buying a card for $3 to $4 and they don't just get tossed into the trash can.

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 4:14pm
post #18 of 47

I like the little wooden roller thingie....wooden rollers...smaller one on one end and larger on the other. Nice to use on pizza dough or small quantities of something you want to roll out. I also like the onion holder for slicing onions. Most of their stuff is very pricey.... Have this wooden thing that is for pressing dough down into those mini pans like for pecan tassies. It's nice too. This stuff is not too expensive.

Countryatheart32 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Countryatheart32 Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 4:22pm
post #19 of 47

I have quite a few things that I use often. The Classic Batter Bowl, the adjustable measuring spoons and cups, the Easy Accent Decorator, the Deluxe Mini Muffin Pans, the Cookie press and the pizza stone. The one thing I never purchased and with I did was the measure all cup. I think I would get alot of use out of that. I also like the Decorator Bottles. Maybe I'll be looking for a PC lady myself. LOL

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 4:26pm
post #20 of 47

I like the spatulas and bamboo spoons, I use the small bamboo spoons for dipping cake balls.

kidscakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kidscakelady Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 4:34pm
post #21 of 47

My all time favorite thing fro PC are my cake lifters (oversized spatulas that form a circle about 12-13 in in diameter) they even work great when I torte my 11x15 sheet cakes- I lift up the layer, leave it on the lifters and then just put the layer back in place. My measure all is used on almost a daily basis too.

Gale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gale Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 4:34pm
post #22 of 47

I also have a lot of PC things. I love the small non-stick frying pan and use it all the time. As said before, the spatulas are great. I really like my chopper and cutting boards too. One thing I use for all my cakes is the one inch deep baking pan (stoneware). I leave it in the bottom of my oven and it helps my cakes to rise more evenly.
Have fun at the party.

zoomitoons Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomitoons Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 4:39pm
post #23 of 47

I don't think you can go wrong with anything from Pampered Chef. 3/4 of the stuff in my kitchen is Pampered Chef and i LOVE it all. The stoneware is awesome and fireproof (we had a house fire 3 years ago and the stoneware was about the only thing in my kitchen that survived)
their spatulas are great too, very durable
my mom bought my daughter the Decorator Bottle Set and she just loves it, it's nice for her small hands and i've even used it a few times and like it.
have fun at the party and happy shopping lol
Amy

nefgaby Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 4:41pm
post #24 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidscakelady

My all time favorite thing fro PC are my cake lifters (oversized spatulas that form a circle about 12-13 in in diameter) they even work great when I torte my 11x15 sheet cakes- I lift up the layer, leave it on the lifters and then just put the layer back in place. My measure all is used on almost a daily basis too.

Wow this sounds great, I don´t think I´ve seen this, please tell more!
What I use for lifting my cake when torting is my PC lasagna spatula, but would love to know more about the one you are telling about!
Thanks, Gabby

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 4:42pm
post #25 of 47

The large bar pan (stone) is the best thing in the world for baking homemade rolls! The mix and stir pitcher with the lid is great for mixing batters and for storing leftovers in.( You can see what's inside) The pizza cutter is the best one I have ever used. I use it to cut my fondant! Their stuff is expensive, but worth every penny! Lasts forever.

I just checked, and that pitcher is called the batter bowl.

smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 4:43pm
post #26 of 47

I sell Pampered chef, so I have alot of the merch, but I would suggest the measure all cup and scrapers, especially for baking crossovers.

I use the batter bowls, smooth edge can opener, small plastic paring knives, the citrus peeler and the micro cookers all the time.

They make alot of great stuff, especially if you cook alot. I would have to suggest not purchasing the decorator bottle set (doesn't work so good) or the pastry brush (mine sheds uncontrollably).

Stephanie

GamerGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GamerGirl Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 4:53pm
post #27 of 47

I sold Pampered Chef for over two years (before giving up as I had too many cakes to make - something had to give) and I have almost every product and love them all. You will not be dissapointed in any item, but my favorite are the stoneware. Have fun!

nefgaby Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 4:54pm
post #28 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by smbegg

I sell Pampered chef, so I have alot of the merch, but I would suggest the measure all cup and scrapers, especially for baking crossovers.

I use the batter bowls, smooth edge can opener, small plastic paring knives, the citrus peeler and the micro cookers all the time.

They make alot of great stuff, especially if you cook alot. I would have to suggest not purchasing the decorator bottle set (doesn't work so good) or the pastry brush (mine sheds uncontrollably).

Stephanie

Uhh, you sell PC? Can I PM you? Is there any way I can get a catalog?
I´ve been looking for a PC consultant.... thumbs_up.gif

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 5:11pm
post #29 of 47

I went to their site and don't see the "cake lifters" !! icon_cry.gif Do you suppose they have been discontinued?

Nope they have them.... #2125

steph95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steph95 Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 5:13pm
post #30 of 47

I love the stoneware, the scrapers, food chopper, their new knives with the black cases, stainless steel bowl with lids, batter bowls, the one cup measuring bowl set with lids, the........ maybe I should be a consultant!!!

Just so you know, most products have warranties, and some have lifetime warrenties.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%