Looking For A Great Cheesecake Filling/mousse

Baking By butternut Updated 20 Apr 2007 , 1:54am by trombonekaren

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 1:33pm
post #1 of 7

I would love to have a nice cheesecake filling/mousse. Does anyone have a recipe they wouldn't mind sharing with me? Please. Thanks so much!!!

6 replies
trombonekaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trombonekaren Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 4:17pm
post #2 of 7

My fave, and everyone raves over this - is an instant pudding mix whipped up with two cups of heavy cream. It is very rich and not too sweet (although if you want it sweeter, you can always whipping in some powdered sugar to taste). It comes in lots of flavors - or you can use the vanilla pudding and flavor the cream before you whip it. I love this recipe (I got it off the boards here, but I don't remember whose it is - sorry). It has the density of a mousse and NO ONE will guess that it came from a box! icon_biggrin.gif

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 4:26pm
post #3 of 7

I know the pudding one is on CC but wonder if there is any other type that uses cream cheese. Try here:

http://www.ladycakes.com/Recipes/Fillings/fillings.htm

There is one there called "cheese filling" that you can use cream cheese and it uses sour cream. My only question is the raw egg yolk...? It has raisins too but I would probably leave them out although they are soaked in cognac and that sounds good.

girltrapped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
girltrapped Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 4:28pm
post #4 of 7

Sounds delightful! Would you use this for filling in a cake? Cupcake filling? I'm assuming you would have to refrigerate? Please, please, please tell me more! icon_eek.gif

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 8:06pm
post #5 of 7

OMG icon_redface.gif I just realized that I typed cheesecake filling when what I meant to type was cream cheese filling/mousse. Boy, it's been one of those days and more. Thanks guys.

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 8:39pm
post #6 of 7

girltrapped....I'm not to whom you are asking the question?

trombonekaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trombonekaren Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 1:54am
post #7 of 7

girltrapped: I have used this many times as a cake filling and I am planning to try it out this weekend for cupcakes. It is thick enough that I even think it would even work as a frosting. As for the fridge, yes, I do store my cakes in the fridge, but this is a sturdy filling and because of the fat content, it is pretty safe at room temp for long periods of time. I have had it out for 5 hours or more without it significantly breaking down and no one has gotten sick. icon_biggrin.gif I especially like this because you can use any of the instant pudding flavors, and although I haven't tried it yet, I would say there are lots of options for mix ins to. Cookies, jams, etc...the mousse itself is very rich and not too sweet...perfect! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%