Corporate Accounts

Business By sundaybegonia Updated 19 Apr 2007 , 12:17pm by MichelleM77

sundaybegonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sundaybegonia Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 9:55pm
post #1 of 4

Ok ya'll for those of you that are legal and you have corporate accounts can you please share how you approached these businesses and also please how to come up with prices. I have done so many searches and nothing ever comes up. Is it better to work with sheet cakes or is it better to work with 2 layer round cakes? Also, I was thinking about having a morning sweet tray with scones, muffins, sweet rolls and danishes. Maybe even provide caraffe of coffee with 1st order or something like that anyway. I am still in process of finding out about my property with zoning and health department. But in the mean time I am also trying to come up with ideas to draw attention to new clients. I want to have at least 3 accounts at first until I get the swing of things. Alot of people I have met has also asked me to get into catering on the side and I just don't know if I'm ready to tackle that yet being it's only me, whew. Anyway this is the closest my dream has ever been to coming true and I'm just not ready to throw in any towels if you know what I mean.

Thanks,
Sunday from Bama

3 replies
amberlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberlicious Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 8:03am
post #2 of 4

I started with my dh's office. Since I know the office staff and know that they do monthly birthday cakes he mentioned to them that I do cakes and then they started calling me. (Worked until he got laid off and we moved out of state). So maybe start with people you know that work in offices? Tell them if they do a 'standing order' on birthday cakes then they'll get a 10% discount or something? Then you'll know on the 2nd Tuesday of every month they do their cake for the month for their office?

That's the only real standing order I've had- but either way it's a bump up for you. (I'd like to hear more ideas as well).

customcaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
customcaker Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 12:17pm
post #3 of 4

Just like Amber said, if you know someone who works in an office, have them spread your word. I basically did a similar thing, only I went around to local businesses with samples and my cards and brochures. I brought them into the receptionists and they would pass them around. Eventually it would catch on to the different departments and they would start ordering their birthday cakes from me, especially since I delivered! Just let them know you are out there and bring in something free to try, everyone likes free things!
Best of luck! icon_smile.gif

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 12:17pm
post #4 of 4

I've been thinking about this as well. There is a local scrapbook shop that has Friday night crops where they include dinner and snacks as part of the cost. I've been thinking of approaching them with a box of goodies and some info. I haven't gotten up the nerve yet!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%