This Is A New One For Me... Need An Idea...

Decorating By KoryAK Updated 19 Apr 2007 , 5:41pm by hoped

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 8:59pm
post #1 of 6

Got a call for a cake for a briss... and I 'm totally stumped (oh geez, no pun intended!) Anyone done one? Got any ideas or pix?

5 replies
MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyEdzards Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 9:09pm
post #2 of 6

icon_confused.gif What is a briss?

selahmycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
selahmycat Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 9:10pm
post #3 of 6

Maybe something like you would do for a Baptisimal (sp) cake, but instead of a cross, a star of david? Just a thought.

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 9:23pm
post #4 of 6

Did you ask the person who ordered the cake what they wanted? Maybe just something simple with a saying or something? I would call the person who ordered for sure to see what they want.

However, I did have to laugh at your post. icon_lol.gif Then my mind to went all sorts of funny crazy cakes you could do. But I guess they just wouldn't be right for the party huh? icon_redface.gif

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 9:31pm
post #5 of 6

A bris is a Jewish baby boy's circumcision. This is also the time the baby is given a name and publically welcomed into the Jewish faith. I've never seen a Jewish star shaped cake for this, but you could do a Kippah shaped cake, or a Torah, or any welcome baby boy cake. There is a cake in the gallery that was done for a bris, it was made by izabel:

Kathi
LL

hoped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hoped Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 5:41pm
post #6 of 6

I agree with JoanneK, find out what the family was thinking of.

I was at a bris once where a cake said "Happy Bris Day" on it! It seemed a little strange, but the family has a good sense of humor. You have to know your audience for something like this.

Something simple like "Mazel Tov" and just some decorative border might be fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%