1St 'practice' Wedding Cake

Decorating By mcataylor Updated 18 Apr 2007 , 8:47pm by mcataylor

mcataylor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcataylor Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 8:31pm
post #1 of 5

Yeah!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

THis is it! My first tiered practice wedding cake. Okay so I didn't actually cover the bottom two layer in fondant......it can be sooo expensive. I also just tied the ribbon on the top cake and placed a few silk flowers on to get the idea of what it would look like.......

I still think it turned out pretty nice I really was just trying out how to stack and dowel so mission accomplished there. But I had to show everyone because all your wonderful comments and advice made it possible for me to do this. I've never done a tiered cake and this is my 2nd fondant cake and 1st squared fondant cake.

YEAHH for me!!!!!!

I attached the picture.....couldn't figure out how to cut and paste it into the text thumbs_up.gif
LL

4 replies
cakesbybert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbybert Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 8:40pm
post #2 of 5

Looks great - and you will only improve more with practice. But practicing the dowelling and stacking is such a great idea - especially before you REALLY have to do a stacked cake for a customer or special event.

Keep up the good work - now that you have the stress of doing dowelling and stacking -- think of all of the fun things you can move on to: scroll work, 3-D figures, fondant flowers, gumpaste, etc. the list can be endless - but ooh is it so much fun. icon_lol.gif

Mrswalters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrswalters Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 8:41pm
post #3 of 5

It looks beautiful. I love those colors together. I am sure you will do great on the real thing.

hsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsmomma Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 8:41pm
post #4 of 5

I haven't been brave enough yet to try and cover square cakes in fondant because of the corners. But, yours looks really, really good. I think I may have to try it!!! Great job on the cake~ Kristen

p.s. I'm your neighbor in Jackson!

mcataylor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcataylor Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 8:47pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the comments. I will still keep practicing the fondant. The cakes have just been out since Sunday night while I have been torting, layering and filling everything! I figured I better put it together and eat it before it starts going bad. I made the wasc cake with raspberry filling, the darn good chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and chocolate butter cream and a lemon cake with lemon filling. I can't let that go to waste!

Kristen! So glad to have a neighbor whose a cake decorator. JAckson's not to far away!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%