Yeah!! Bride Picked Her Cake!!!

Decorating By sugartopped Updated 24 Apr 2006 , 4:31pm by subaru

sugartopped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartopped Posted 24 Apr 2006 , 1:39am
post #1 of 12

Well, the bride and I had our sit down yesterday and after about 2 1/2 hrs of discussing diff. possibilities......she finally caved!! Once I quoted her the price of the 2nd cake, which was only $50 less than the other.....she finally decided to purchase premade gumpaste flowers and NOT do the topper!! So she is getting her really tall cake that she's always dreamed about. She is still about $50 over her budget....but she was happy!! But it was that or some other cake she didn't really want!!!

So we decided on her 2nd choice, I will have to make the leaves, but she is purchasing the premade gumpaste roses and stehpanotis....which helped bring the price down some. Not sure how anyone else prices a cake when they purchase the premade flowers....but I charged her the purchase price plus shipping & $15 for arranging them on the cake. I thought that sounded reasonable!! And since all the tiers will be dummy cakes except the bottom two w/the leaves....I will be able to get them done ahead of time!! She said she may decide to purchase the topper later...but right now she's just going w/o it!!

anyway, here is her final cake....contract signed!!
LL

11 replies
klg1152 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klg1152 Posted 24 Apr 2006 , 1:44am
post #2 of 12

wow - that is beautiful - congratulations on the order - be sure to post pictures when you finish!

SavannahJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SavannahJane Posted 24 Apr 2006 , 1:45am
post #3 of 12

aww that is georgous!! i love it and congrats on the order!! <3

SHADDI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHADDI Posted 24 Apr 2006 , 1:46am
post #4 of 12

that is great news, good for you. i know you will do a great job.....congratulation...

shaddi

amycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amycake Posted 24 Apr 2006 , 1:46am
post #5 of 12

glad you finally got your order. Hope you will share your finished product. The cake is very pretty.
amycake

beany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beany Posted 24 Apr 2006 , 6:44am
post #6 of 12

Congratulations on the order! That's a beautiful cake! Do you know who made it?

wyatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wyatt Posted 24 Apr 2006 , 6:54am
post #7 of 12

I am glad to hear she finally made a decision. This is a stunning cake and I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job...still looks like tons of work to me, but tall cakes scare me! Congratulations on the order and good luck!

pinkopossum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkopossum Posted 24 Apr 2006 , 9:58am
post #8 of 12

I'm so glad you got everything all straightened out. Good Luck with the cake - you'll do great!

waltz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
waltz Posted 24 Apr 2006 , 12:30pm
post #9 of 12

She does realize she will need to order extras for probable breakage, right? I'd hate to have that situation come up close to the wedding...

sugartopped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartopped Posted 24 Apr 2006 , 1:40pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltz

She does realize she will need to order extras for probable breakage, right? I'd hate to have that situation come up close to the wedding...

yeah, we ordered from wholesaleflowers....and they come in boxes w/a certain # in them. We ordered two boxes of each...to allow for some breakage. I think one box of each that we ordered will be enough...but wanted to make sure we have enough!! So I told her if we end up not using the other boxes (as in unopened)...I wouldn't even charge her for those b/c I would keep them and would use them on other cakes at some point. She said that was fine!!

But the important thing is we are both happy!!! I can't wait to make this cake!!

And her mother works in the same building w/me and we walked up together today.....and she Thanked me for being so understanding w/her daughter and working w/her to try and get as close to what she wanted as possible!! She said noone else was willing to work w/her and tried to get her to do what THEY wanted...not what she wanted. She said her daughter is sooo happy and all she talked about this weekend was her cake!!! So that made me feel good!! thumbs_up.gif So guess all the extra time I spent trying to price the cakes and offer other solutions...even though they didn't pan out....was worth it in the end. So far...I have a happy bride!! thumbs_up.gif

lilie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilie Posted 24 Apr 2006 , 4:17pm
post #11 of 12

looks like it's gonna be a beautiful cake!!!
Good luck with it!!!

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 24 Apr 2006 , 4:31pm
post #12 of 12

Congrats!!!!!! I cant wait to see the finished product, I know you are going to do a wonderful job!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%