A Prayer Request

Lounge By heavensgaits Updated 20 Apr 2007 , 3:45am by brilandken

heavensgaits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavensgaits Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 12:32pm
post #1 of 12

Hi everyone.

I'm traveling to Houston, TX today to see the neurosurgeons for my spinal problem. I have a pretty good size cyst that's surrounding a nerve inside of the base of my spinal canal. It's causes a great deal of pain, numbness, and balance issues (I fall quite a bit). I'm 33 years old. I've already had this surgery for a different cyst when I was in the military. These surgeons saw me last summer and decided that the surgery was too risky because the cyst was so small (only 1cm). I'm praying that today after they see me they will decide to go ahead with the surgery to stop the progression of my symptoms. They have me on a lot of high dose narcotic pain meds. I just want to be able to go through the day without having to take all of the meds they have me on. Please pray for my safe travel ( I couldn't find anyone able to go with me), and also that God will lead the surgeons to the right decision regarding surgery or a nerve block. I'm more than willing to risk the surgery, I've done it before and I had complications, so I know what it's about. Sorry this is so long. Thank you for all your prayers.

God Bless,
Kimberly

11 replies
jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 12:41pm
post #2 of 12

Wow! Prayers being sent your way now! Please drive safe, and be sure to let us know what they say!

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 12:55pm
post #3 of 12

Praying for traveling mercies and that the doctors will know just what to do to make things much better for you. Keep us posted.

Shamitha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shamitha Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 7:49pm
post #4 of 12

[quPraying for traveling mercies and that the doctors will know just what to do to make things much better for you. Keep us posted.ote]

God be with you and bless you[/quote]

cassandrascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassandrascakes Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 8:14pm
post #5 of 12

We have you covered! God bless and keep you!

sherik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherik Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 12:48am
post #6 of 12

My prayers are with you.
Please let us know the outcome so we can send up praises.

Blessings,
sherik

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 1:02am
post #7 of 12

Good luck and God bless icon_smile.gif

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 4:00pm
post #8 of 12

Just said a prayer for you. Keep us posted and let us know how the appointment goes.

God bless!

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 9:02pm
post #9 of 12

I just said a prayer for you. May God bless you.

heavensgaits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavensgaits Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 11:22pm
post #10 of 12

I just wanted to post really quick and let everyone know that the drive went well and I got home safe and sound. Thank you for the prayers, I know that God heard and answered them. The neurosurgeon I saw yesterday realized that this new cyst is not the cause of my pain, that most likely the pain is being caused by collateral damage from the gigantic cyst(8cm) that was removed from my spine several years ago. Nerve fibers may be waking up, causing the increased pain. I say that the Lord heard and answered the prayers because I had specifically asked that the docs be led in the right direction, whatever that may be; and they were: an unnecessary surgery will not be performed. If they were to perform surgery on this new cyst, they could end up damaging the live nerve and making me way worse than what I am now. A very good friend ministered to me this morning about the whole situation. I was a little upset on my way home yesterday, but I did have peace last night and today. I told her that I didn't understand why God allows some to suffer while others don't. She told me, "Well, medically, you've tried everything. Now it's time to hand the whole situation over to God and let Him handle it how He sees fit. Look in the Bible at God's most amazing instruments; they were people that were broken just like you." She made a good point, and I heard it loud and clear. Please keep praying that God will use me however He sees fit. If it means that I have to suffer more, then so be it. The medications keep my pain under control. A long time ago, about a year or so, God told me that He would heal me. But we all know that He does things in His time, not ours, and His ways are much higher than our ways. I Thank Him and praise Him that He has put so many Christian friends and angels in my path. Please keep praying, but most definitely Praise Him for answering our prayers yesterday and granting me safe travel. Usually on the trip home, I get very tired and in a lot of pain. I never got tired and I really didn't start having any pain until right before I got into the town that I live in last night. LOL, and I know this is an off the wall request, but my 6 month old puppy has a horrible UTI and very itchy skin. The vet said that he's had to hospitalize several dogs with this particular strain of bacteria and give them IV anitibiotics. She has scratched her little armpits bloody with her itchy skin. My friend is bringing over a medicated rinse for itchy skin in the morning. My animals are my family, especially since it's just me, I'm single. This particular puppy is one that someone threw out by my house like she was trash when she was only three months old. She's the biggest lover I've ever seen. She's a Pit/Cur mix and has blue eyes. I've included a picture of her in this post. I'm going to believe that God is going to allow her medication to work and that she doesn't have the more difficult strain of bacteria, and also that the skin rinse is going to clear her itchy sensitive skin up. Thank you everybody.

In Christ's Love,
Kimberly
LL

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 1:44am
post #11 of 12

Kimberly you and that sweet pup have my prayers.

brilandken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brilandken Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 3:45am
post #12 of 12

You are in my prayers. Just know that because of this you will and already have ministered to others. This sounds a little weird, but you have lifted my spirits just now. It is great to know that there are other believers out there unafraid to share there faith. I am always amazed at how God can take the worst things in our lives and use them for His will. I know it is true in my life. Here is a little chart a friend sent me to help me remember to be positive. Hopefully you will find it as helpful as I do.
HANDY LITTLE CHART -
God has a positive answer:
YOU SAY GOD SAYS BIBLE VERSES
You say: "It's impossible" God says: All things are possible (Luke 18:27)
You say: "I'm too tired" God says: I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28-30)
You say: "Nobody really loves me" God says: I love you (John 3:1 6 & John 3:34 )
You say: "I can't go on" God says: My grace is sufficient (II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)
You say: "I can't figure things out" God says: I will direct your steps (Proverbs 3:5- 6)
You say: "I can't do it" God says: You can do all things (Philippians 4:13)
You say: "I'm not able" God says: I am able (II Corinthians 9:icon_cool.gif
You say: "It's not worth it" God says: It will be worth it (Roman 8:28 )
You say: "I can't forgive myself" God says: I Forgive you (I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)
You say: "I can't manage" God says: I will supply all your needs (Philippians 4:19)
You say: "I'm afraid" God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear (II Timothy 1:7)
You say: "I'm always worried and frustrated" God says: Cast all your cares on ME (I Peter 5:7)
You say: "I'm not smart enough" God says: I give you wisdom (I Corinthians 1:30)
You say: "I feel all alone" God says: I will never leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5)

Your Sister in Christ,
Jenn

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%