A Little Sad?

Lounge By BeautifulCakes Updated 25 Apr 2006 , 1:42am by mmdd

BeautifulCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeautifulCakes Posted 23 Apr 2006 , 2:51am
post #1 of 8

Hello Everyone

Today for the first time I hosted a Mary Kay Party. However, not alot of people came. I though all my friend were going to come but nothing. I just became a Mary Kay Consultant and I love the products. I use the line of skin care products and they have improve the look of my skin so much. I was hoping for a total success but it stunk. icon_cry.gif Girls visit my wedsite and have virtual makover (its fun). Thanks for letting me vent.

www.marykay.com/idinkha

7 replies
NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 23 Apr 2006 , 2:59am
post #2 of 8

Sorry the party didn't go well! I LOVE Mary Kay! It has done wonders for my complexion. I considered being a consultant for a while because I found I was being a walking billboard anyway, so I might as well get paid right! Ended up not having the time to put into it right now but I do love the product!

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 23 Apr 2006 , 3:51am
post #3 of 8

I'm really sorry you friends didn't come through for you. It really stinks that the ones you counted on the most didn't show up but unfortunately, that happens all the time. You will develop a clientele who will keep you busy-the product sells itself! Good luck and dont' be so hard on yourself-

ddog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddog Posted 23 Apr 2006 , 4:10am
post #4 of 8

I'm sorry your party didn't go well. I have friends that have tried selling things like that (creative memories, arbonne, etc.) One close friend recently stopped because noone was coming to her parties, and she was tired of trying to plan events and sell all the time. On the other hand, I know someone who has been very successful selling creative memories. She does have to plan crops and border classes, weekend retreats, all kinds of things. She probably does 4 or 5 events a week! She makes a good second income for her family. I know that she doesn't always have a huge turn out, but she schedules so many events that she is able to cater to a lot of people. A good time for one person might not always be good for someone else.
HANG IN THERE, if this is something you want to do you CAN make it happen!!
It is really hard for me to go to parties and such because I have three young children and a husband who works all the time. If the person will
give me a catalog I will almost always order something from them.

BeautifulCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeautifulCakes Posted 23 Apr 2006 , 4:32am
post #5 of 8

Thank you so much for your support! This is something I just started. Hopefully to complement with the cakes. My recruter its doing well and she is very motivated about the business. Let see what happens. Thanks again.

pinkopossum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkopossum Posted 23 Apr 2006 , 10:50am
post #6 of 8

good luck, BeautifulCakes! I'm sure all will go well, just keep your chin up and give it time to get some spunk!

jmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmcakes Posted 24 Apr 2006 , 1:34am
post #7 of 8

I just wanted to say that I LOVE MARY KAY MAKEUP!! I just can't afford to buy it because I am so young (21) and I have to babies right now but my parents would it buy it for me at christmas when I was at home...

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 25 Apr 2006 , 1:42am
post #8 of 8

Wow! That was fun! I like how it just changes right before your eyes!!!!

I've always bought from avon.......sorry! I've never even tried mary kay....maybe I will.

I hope your next party will have a great outcome!

Good Luck with the selling!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%