Need To Find A Mardi Gras Mask Cutter For Gumpaste

Decorating By PatricesPieces Updated 18 Apr 2007 , 5:04am by PatricesPieces

PatricesPieces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatricesPieces Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 12:06am
post #1 of 7

Could someone give me a site to go to to buy a mardi gras mask cutter. I have looked on sugarcraft and the ones that they have are too small. If anyone could send me a link, I would be so grateful.

Thank you,
Patrice

6 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 12:08am
post #2 of 7

What I'd do is find an image of a mask on Google Image Search, print it out the size I want and use it as a template.

Believe it or not, the mask on my Mardi Gras cake (in gallery) was freehand drawn. Quite a feat for someone who can't even draw a stick person that looks like a stick person!

aandsmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aandsmommy Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 12:24am
post #3 of 7

I went to Michaels in the craft section and got plastic masks and just laid my gumpaste on top and cut out the eyes and the mask shape and smoothed on top of the mask. Then left on the mask to let dry. It is in my pics.

EverlastingSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EverlastingSweets Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 12:38am
post #4 of 7

I don't know how big you need the mask to be, but you can look at my pics and I did a mardi gras mask cookie out of an upside down heart cookie cutter.
Also, if you have a Party City, they would definately have the masks so you could form a mask of of them.

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 1:47am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverlastingSweets

Also, if you have a Party City, they would definately have the masks so you could form a mask of of them.

That is exactly what I did for mine. Went to Party City and got a mask. I put a pice of gumpaste over it and trimmed it up and actually left it on the mask to dry in the shape. Easy Peasy! thumbs_up.gif

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 2:16am
post #6 of 7

Patrice,

There is a costume shop on San Jose at Claire (Frsh Market center) that sells full face masks. I used one to mold a candy mask. Hope this helps.

Judy

PatricesPieces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatricesPieces Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 5:04am
post #7 of 7

Thank you for all your suggestions. Judy...I will check out the costume shop you mentioned. I only knew of one costume shop over off Roosevelt. You saved me a trip.

You guys are so great!!

Thanks again,
Patrice

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%