Promotional Brochure

Business By mudder Updated 30 Apr 2006 , 6:45am by AmberCakes

mudder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mudder Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 11:37pm
post #1 of 8

I'm trying to design a promotional brochure for my cake decorating home business - any tips, hints or suggestions as to what to include - I've got writer's block or something!

7 replies
MustloveDogs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MustloveDogs Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 6:14am
post #2 of 8

I have the gift of the gab (I talk a lot! icon_lol.gif ) but I am not good at wording things like brochures, but I wanted to show you another thread that is talking about this topic as you could use these ideas..
Hope this helps!
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-22224.html

mjw15618 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjw15618 Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 12:43pm
post #3 of 8

My business includes cookies and pastries in addition to specialty and custom cake designs, so my brochure is separated into those categories. It's in booklet form and is four pages long. The front page has my business name and logo, then comes the pastries, the cakes and the cookies. The last page has a litttle blurb about how I use only the finest ingredients (unbleached organic flour, courveture chocolate, sweet butter) and another little bit about how I bake with fresh free-range eggs from my own flock of hens. I used a free template from Microsoft's website to create the brochure, then I had them printed at Kinkos. It was alot cheaper than having a professional printing service create and print them, and I think they turned out just as well.

FancyLayne23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FancyLayne23 Posted 24 Apr 2006 , 3:31am
post #4 of 8

I would include some info about you and how your business started. Some examples of cake flavors and any other thing you might be making. A basic price list for sheet cakes, maybe a couple pictures, phone number and just basic stuff. I am going to be looking into this soon too.

vivianne2397 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vivianne2397 Posted 30 Apr 2006 , 6:18am
post #5 of 8

contact copywriters in your area. ask them if they would like to work out an agreement. you bake cakes for them - great gift for their friends and family. they write great ads for you. go to craigslist.org and look for your city. then there should be a link for BARTER on the website. place your free ad there. i have much luck on the craigslist.org website. good luck and hope that helps.

vivianne2397 Posted 30 Apr 2006 , 6:27am
post #6 of 8

Starting out a new business isn't easy. One of the quickest ways to spread the word is by contacting wedding and event planners. They come in contact with people who are your potential customers everyday. It's much cheaper to advertise to them and have them do the advertising for you. When you do a great job guess what? They get the credit too, so if you do a good job they will want to use you over and over to refer to their clients.

vivianne2397 Posted 30 Apr 2006 , 6:28am
post #7 of 8

i forgot to include my website - www.luxeiconcatering.com

AmberCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmberCakes Posted 30 Apr 2006 , 6:45am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivianne2397

i forgot to include my website - www.luxeiconcatering.com

Vivianne2397, I remember my cousin had a 15th party (Quiceanerra) and they had a chocolate fountain. And it was a hit. I loved it so much that I bought a little one from Wal-mart. I saw it in the ad for Wal-mart and went on a Friday to get it, then when I went back the next day, all of them were gone. LOL. I got 2 of them. I used them at a big 50th party for my sister in law and everyone loved it too. LOL. But to clean it up is a PAIN! I will keep you in mind when my little sister has her Sweet 16 next year. icon_smile.gif

Anyway, you have a beautiful site! ~Josie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%