Business By magickalcakes Updated 22 Apr 2006 , 3:26am by yassy

magickalcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
magickalcakes Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 7

Hello all. I'm the new kid. I am wanting to start my cake business, I have made many cakes, never asked money for them because I am still a rookie. I don't have all the pans, all the colors, all the tips, I don't have a lot, but some how I still turn out cakes that everyone wants. Anyone have any tips they can give a rookie working out of my little apartment kitchen? Thanks! icon_smile.gif

ps. this website rocks!

6 replies
AuntEm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntEm Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 12:19am
post #2 of 7

HI sorry I can't answer your question. I just wanted to say welcome to Cake Central!

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 12:26am
post #3 of 7

Welcome to CC (Cake Central) I don't have the answer but I'm sure someone here can help in someway.
This is one of the best places to recieve advice from people who truly care.

Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 12:32am
post #4 of 7

Welcome...have fun this site is VERY ADDICTING!!! icon_biggrin.gif

I got a lot of my busniss from donating cakes to my kid's school for PTA fundraisers, boy scout troops, block parties, etc... Just to get my name out there, soon word of mouth ran like a wild fire.... Now I have to turn down jobs. Get in with the soccer moms, t-ball moms...always have your cards with you, (I just use the print your own kind on my pc) I give them out all the time, you would be suprised how many people ask if you have a card...

Oh and the best tip I can give is when you are doing a cake for a good size group og people... I always cover my boards w/ colored plastic wrap and put my busniss card on the cake board, so everyone at the party knows where to go to get a great cake! icon_wink.gif

Just some thoughts.. Hope it helps

Welcome again and good luck

Kimanalynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimanalynn Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 12:37am
post #5 of 7

BUMP.

Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 12:39am
post #6 of 7

Welcome magickalcakes!

All you need is the basics and creativity! You don't need all the pans & tips. I have about 2 shaped pans, basic colors (ROYGBVP), and use about 3 different tips (Basketweave, star & rose). I have lots of round, square and sheet pans though. All that extra stuff does is get in the way and have to be stored!

Check and see if you can rent cake pans locally.
Invest in a good turntable and mixer.
Visit this site hourly for inspiration. icon_smile.gif

Best of Luck!!

yassy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yassy Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 3:26am
post #7 of 7

just wanted to say welcome to cc icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%